Car is to low any thoughts?

charliex2

Established Member
The guy who I brought my cobra from had the springs cut... The car is to low I can't even leave the house without dragging the ground. How are is it to change the springs?

Skizzz

All your exhaust are belongs to asphalt.
Buy used ones and have them cut i would say.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
It is not terribly hard to change out the springs, however, depending with the proper tools/equipment the job will be much easier. Do you have any experience with changing out springs on any other vehicle? If so, then chances are you should be abled to get it done. I have done a hand full of cobras in my driveway..with simple ratchets and socket and a jack. I also used the stock breaker bar to pull spring out. :)

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i cut my springs two or three times before i got the right high i was looking for. the first time i did it, i did it in my garage on the floor with hand tools, not biggie. the next few times was after i got my lift and air tools... and i just took my whole IRS down and the rear springs just fell out lol.

but like these guys said, find some used stock springs and cut them to your liking, its easy, there is a great "how to" on here for cutting springs

cobra1923

Established Member
See if you have the isolaters (top and bottom) with the springs. if not, get a set of aftermarket isos and it will add 1/2 inch or so to the height.

If looking for more, then just get stock / uncut springs from someone.

I guess either way you're going to be pulling the springs.. It's really easy

3Dglasses

4.6 Liter rice cooker
Established Member
See if you have the isolaters (top and bottom) with the springs. if not, get a set of aftermarket isos and it will add 1/2 inch or so to the height.

If looking for more, then just get stock / uncut springs from someone.

I guess either way you're going to be pulling the springs.. It's really easy

yes, you can raise it 1/2 inch with poly isolators if you don't have them now. Makes a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread