Car is on the DYNO now, lets hear the quesses!

stangbanger856

Established Member
I'm gonna guess 484 on pump gas once he leans it out and around 525 on race gas. Either way sounds like the cars gonna be solid and a blast to drive!!!

We have a winner! pump gas tune put down 487! you were only off by 3 HP.

Enjoy your virtual beer....:beer:

stangbanger856

Established Member
You should be awfully close. I have experienced many similar setups as yours @ or near 14psi.

Just going from 9.6:1 to 11.6:1 AFR should net about 35-40rwhp. Another 40-50rwhp going from 13/14* to 20* of timing. Math says 526-541rwhp if your compresison ratio is 9.6:1 or better.

race gas we put down 500 with 20* and a AFR of 10.8:1 so if we would have leaned it out a little bit more and a degree or 2 more then I could see another 25-40HP. But he kept it safe and fat and still hit my 500WHP goal, so im happy.

Last edited:

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
race gas we put down 500 with 20* and a AFR of 10.8:1 so if we would have leaned it out a little bit more and a degree or 2 more then I could see another 25-40HP. But he kept it safe and fat and still hit my 500WHP goal, so im happy.

you won't find another 40hp. based on the gains from pump gas to race gas with the 4* of timing added and only 13 hp gained- there's not a very improved showing of gain there. you're right where you should be via the results. leaning out the mixture will pick up a few but not 40.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Made a few final pulls today and hit 508 with no other changes from yesterday just a good cool down and a water tank that is ambient (not heated up like it was) also picked up 10 more ftlbs.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Nice numbers man, gonna be a blast for sure.

When tuners datalogg your car at the track I assume they arent launching it trying to get a good et but rather taking off normal and then flooring it to get some wot readings?

stangbanger856

Established Member
Nice numbers man, gonna be a blast for sure.

When tuners datalogg your car at the track I assume they arent launching it trying to get a good et but rather taking off normal and then flooring it to get some wot readings?

Thanks, no im going to be running it wide open and launching it. Kris says to get an accurate reading of what the ECM is doing he need real world feedback (wind resistance, extra air forced into the filter at 120+mph ext..) then we can play with the tune some more and get a little more HP out of it.

stangbanger856

Established Member
Good Numbers for sure...but why run it so rich? I mean even 11:4 ARF is super safe?

He wants to Data Log on the street and track so he can get real time feedback (engine load and high windspeed over the filter that is mounted where the fog light used to be) I took it down the road and was actually 11.6/11.4 on my wideband but not.sure accurate it is compared to his.

Users who are viewing this thread