Car is missing.. BAD

Slobra

Established Member
Ok, here are the events that has led up to tonight. Took my car to Apten a few weeks ago to get tuned. While there, I replaced the 2.93 pulley with the 2.80. Drove car home, it ran fine. Last week, I ordered the amazon racing ported TB and plenum. Installed that yesterday, but I didn't put the throttle position sensor on right so the car was running LEAN and I drove it for about 3 miles. I came home, fixed that and car ran fine except it would idle very high. Tonight, I unplugged the battery for about 10-15 mins, plugged it back in and drove it down the road. The idle issue was gone. :) I punched it once and came to a light.. The car then started to miss pretty bad. It would dip down to about 400 rpm then back up to 900-1000, then back down, etc. I came home, took out the plugs and put new ones in. Still the same thing, it keeps missing. Here is a vid of what it sounds like... Car missing

Do you think I seriously damaged something by running the car for those 3 miles?? It still "feels" like it has all of it's power.

All the help appreciated.
John

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I know it sounds stupid, but check to see if your filter is still connected to the intake, and see if the plugs for the MAF and TPS sensor are in correctly.

Slobra

Established Member
yup, checked that. Here are some pics of a few plugs and the area around the TB and filter..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

badvenom101

Established Member
wow sounds like the fuel pressure sensor is gone bad i'd heckthat next real common on cobras makes the car go nuts try that first + change the oil right away

ALA G8R

Banned
This is a stretch but your MAF sensor looks to be in the 9oclock position. directly in front of the IAT sensor. Stock is 10oclock. Mine works great at 12oclock.

Also, check vaccum connections.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine was in the 12:00 position and worked super. That's actually the normal position. Here's a pic.
CobraEngine.JPG

Slobra

Established Member
It's the fuel pressure sensor.. Gas is in the oil :( Gotta stop and get one, plus drain the oil

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
umm, guys, the car doesnt run at all when the FRPS goes out. my car was doing the same 400rpm to 900rpm thing, ran fine, but it was missing at idle, and would also miss if i held it at a certain RPM. i took some aresol electrical contact cleaner to the mass air flow sensor wire, and it cleaned it up dramaticaly. idles like it did when it came off the showroom floor. try it. its cheap.

BTW, dont touch the wire. just spray it really good.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
and im talking about the tiny wire inside the mass air meter. it tends to get oil on it from the air filter (if you have a K&N style filter)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by 03InThe11s
umm, guys, the car doesnt run at all when the FRPS goes out.
The car will run (badly) with a blown FRPS. In some cases it may not, but everytime I've blown one, the car still drove.

Users who are viewing this thread