Car is almost ready to fire w/ the 4.0l

XtremeS10

Established Member
But I need a belt, it looks like the belt they sent me was for the cobra jet without a/c. What is the belt everyone with a 4" pulley is running? Stock lower.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
awesome

Awesome...I had mine put on 3 weeks ago, with just 12 degrees timing and a super conservative tune with A/F 11.0 mid range and 10.8 from 4800 to redline my car put down 758rwhp and 668rwtq at 20psi.....can easily crank the timing and A/F and make another 100+rwhp with just more tuning but dont want to throw a rod through the block as Ive been told the rods are the weak point in the Shelby engines....planning on a better bottom end for next year and then crank up the tune for 850+rwhp!

XtremeS10

Established Member
Awesome...I had mine put on 3 weeks ago, with just 12 degrees timing and a super conservative tune with A/F 11.0 mid range and 10.8 from 4800 to redline my car put down 758rwhp and 668rwtq at 20psi.....can easily crank the timing and A/F and make another 100+rwhp with just more tuning but dont want to throw a rod through the block as Ive been told the rods are the weak point in the Shelby engines....planning on a better bottom end for next year and then crank up the tune for 850+rwhp!
That's the plan here, cage, fuel system, 28lbs of boost and cams with a bottom end for 1100ish hopefully next winter. I just can't seem to figure out where to get a belt for it! The one they sent is super super tight with the tensioner loose so I'm guessing its the wrong belt.. looks like I only need maybe an inch of slack.

strongs_2009

Established Member
Looking forward to the updates. Ordered the 4.0 last week im looking at about 25 pounds of boost the same I was running on my 3.4. What you looking to run? Im hoping for Hi 900s atleast. Congrats its going to be a beast.

BilletProShop

Established Member
That's the plan here, cage, fuel system, 28lbs of boost and cams with a bottom end for 1100ish hopefully next winter. I just can't seem to figure out where to get a belt for it! The one they sent is super super tight with the tensioner loose so I'm guessing its the wrong belt.. looks like I only need maybe an inch of slack.

anything over 23lbs and the belt will start to slip, you will need one of these

NapiIIIoc0014-1.jpg

belt tensionner , not available yet, had to make my own

Attachments

• NapiIIIoc0014-1.jpg
    NapiIIIoc0014-1.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 61

XtremeS10

Established Member
ok serious issue, the 86.4" belt is just too short I need like an 87" belt and can't find one! Whats the part number you guys with the 4" pully's are using for a belt? :bash:

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
ok serious issue, the 86.4" belt is just too short I need like an 87" belt and can't find one! Whats the part number you guys with the 4" pully's are using for a belt? :bash:
Gates makes an 87.9 belt its the green heavy duty belt part # K100879HD

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
It's amainzg where we've come with these blowers! When the 03's really started going fast, the 2.8 was considdered HUGE and now we're only .6 liters away from the total volume of the Cobra's whole engine!! :lol:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Its time guys... I just got both belts on and tightend and checked everything on the engine, I'm just waiting on my friend to get here so he can double check and watch it when it starts to make sure its all good! I gotta be careful about taking her out tho since I'm not going to add the vacuum provisions and have manual brakes right now til I convert to hydro boost :rockon:

XtremeS10

Established Member
Well it runs, it sounds like a turbo at idle since it whines! Problem, its going into failsafe mode as soon as the engine starts and it dies if I rev the car but it does and will idle and rev somewhat if I let the rev down slowly, throwing the code P012D "Turbocharger/Supercharger inlet pressure ckt too high"

XtremeS10

Established Member
So the issue for sure is the SIP sensor, since I didn't have any EGR or Vacuum provisions at all, I never hooked any of it up. Gotta find a way to integrate it now...

Users who are viewing this thread