Car Hiccups/Bucks in 2nd

CobraLov3r

Established Member
So my car wasn't getting into gear under high rpms so I adjusted the firewall today and it grabs a little later and don't have problems getting into gear. Now this is my new issue. Did two WOT today 1st through 4th and this happened both times. It was about 76 degrees out today very little humidity. I have an SVT Focus pump and 60# injectors. No BAP. P0148 Fuel Delivery Error popped up today as well, yes I'm kind of answering my own question to get a new fuel system, but I wanted to ask if there are any other suggestions what this may be. Possibly PPRV? Mod list is in my signature below.
Just got her tuned at Pete's in NH about 2 weeks ago. Down below is also a link I posted on youtube of the loss of power under load.

Thanks for the input

Car Losing Power

2nd Gear again

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Is it falling on its face when shifting into 2nd? If so its probably in the tune. I managed to get rid of it in my tune but I decided to go return as its the better fix.

Whats the wideband say?

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That code could mean a bad frps. It was when mine went bad. My car would feel like it hit the rev limiter at 5k rpms. My bet is the frps took a crap.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I'm not sure why it did that....but even if it pulls in 1st, 3rd and 4th to red, stay out of WOT until you figure this out. Better safe than sorry IMO. Get it datalogged and send the log to your tuner asap.

CobraLov3r

Established Member
I'm not sure why it did that....but even if it pulls in 1st, 3rd and 4th to red, stay out of WOT until you figure this out. Better safe than sorry IMO. Get it datalogged and send the log to your tuner asap.

Planned on hooking it up tomorrow and sending it out, thanks c6!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Planned on hooking it up tomorrow and sending it out, thanks c6!

No problem.

And I agree with cj and probably there will be more posting the same thing....you need a wideband asap. A very critical monitoring device on these s/c cars. That is one beautiful torch red cobra you have...let's keep her healthy! :beer:

CobraLov3r

Established Member
No problem.

And I agree with cj and probably there will be more posting the same thing....you need a wideband asap. A very critical monitoring device on these s/c cars. That is one beautiful torch red cobra you have...let's keep her healthy! :beer:

Trying to do my best by asking questions and getting things done, a lot that wasn't done to this before I bought it. Needs to get up to date :)

cj428mach

Established Member
You need to install the wideband before you do the datalog. It'll only help the tuner and it'll tell you if you need to shut it down before you hurt something.

ATFPat

Established Member
My old cobra buckled from 2nd to 3rd durring a WOT. Long story short, it was my tune. Apparently I was running on the lean side of things. Had a re-tuned by a "good" tuner and never had another issue. Ran great!

matt87

Established Member
maybe its that sensor in the fuel rail getting ready to crap out.

CobraLov3r

Established Member
surprised you don't have bigger pumps and a return system running the 2.9 whipple.

Have only had the car 5 months...and 3 of them have been nice. Just getting around to what I need and running into common problems, fuel system is next on my purchase list no doubt. Trying to learn as much as I can with the help of you guys

cj428mach

Established Member
Have only had the car 5 months...and 3 of them have been nice. Just getting around to what I need and running into common problems, fuel system is next on my purchase list no doubt. Trying to learn as much as I can with the help of you guys

After watching the video it looks/sounds like its going lean. Here are some things I used on mine to get rid of bog/hesitation on shifts when I was returnless. The return setup is far better at keeping it supplied with fuel on shifts.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ng-bogging-hesitation-between-high-rpm-shifts

http://www.modularfords.com/threads/24834-Dyno-graph-and-questions/page3?p=249341#post249341

As for the pm you sent me about Widebands, I have 2 innovates on 2 separate cars. They can be a headache at times with free air calibration proceedure but they're there and they work. I would probably go with one of these as they're not a lot more money than most of the other brands but is recommended by Don Lasota and considered almost lab grade.

http://www.lasotaracing.com/MOZEITRONIX1.html#anchor

Last edited:

akeohan

Established Member
Not to jack the thread but mine does that too, but not all the time and not as long as yours. This is all good info so far. Good luck.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Had a similar issue before. It was how the BAP was hooked up. Post FPDM gave me problems. Hooked it up pre FPDM and it has been fine for 2 + years. It was putting the pumps into thermal overload. It could also be your FPDM. At least with GT pumps you need at least a modified FPDM or dual FPDM setup. The pumps could be drawing too much voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread