Car died at 140mph, opinions.

spaldingpm

Established Member
So, the other night I was doing a roll with my buddies c5z. Well upon shut down (let it coast in neutral) at the top of 4th, I look down and notice the rpms are at 0, and the check engine and a few other lights were on (as you would see before you start your car).
Any ideas why it did this?

Mods:
4lb
O/r exhaust

I do not have a 3.2 or 3.5 alt pulley. Could I have been spinning that thing so fast, it overloaded and forced it to turn off?

gt347mustang

Established Member
Does the car run at all now?

Did the passanger side floor board fall to the ground and start shooting sparks? There's a good chance you blew the welds on the intake manifold.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had it happen on a variety of vehicles if coasting at a high speed. If the car runs fine now then I wouldnt worry too much about it. Could be as simple as a dirty IAC or a slight tweak of the tune needed.

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
140mph winds hitting the MAF next to an open K&N filter, and then popping the car in neutral making the rpm fall suddenly will do that. MAF sees more flow than is needed to idle , dumps fuel, car stalls...

Next time, decelerate in gear.

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
Ya this use to happen to me as well, before I put my fogs in my new bumper the filter was exposed and putting it in neutral to coast at a high speed would shut the motor down every time. I read another explanation on this a while back and it was just as MaximumVelocity is saying. I would slow down in gear, you'll want your powersteering

Users who are viewing this thread