Car backfired and now I have blower oil in engine bay...

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
If you dumped the clutch, with the pedal to the metal, and spun the tires - you hit the rev limiter....over and out....:burnout:

No I'm 100% positive I didn't. I had a passenger in the car. I'm still getting used to the slicks. I peddled it as they were spinning a little. I wasn't going for gold her I was just getting used to them.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Hold up...everytime you hit the rev limiter this happens? Never happened to me?

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
mostly on KB's.....from research I have read.....guys...lets keep it on topic...and just help each other....good luck cobrachris.....

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Are you running the factory Eaton?

I would definetly check the oil level and keep a close eye on it. On the eaton's you can get them rebuild for $150 by Steg. At least I think that's what they cost. You might send him a PM and see if he has any ideas.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
:pop:

What kind of screw is that ? It's kinda hard to see the threads don't look mangled up. Could it have come off the road and wedged in there?

Silverboost

Established Member
I would be mostly concerned about the fact you continued to run the car without possibly having any blower oil in the car. Make sure when you fill the blower back up to listen for any unusual sounds (grinding).

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
:pop:

What kind of screw is that ? It's kinda hard to see the threads don't look mangled up. Could it have come off the road and wedged in there?

No I go the screw out. It's from the car somehwere. Maybe the pulley cover. It's not a concern anymore.

I would be mostly concerned about the fact you continued to run the car without possibly having any blower oil in the car. Make sure when you fill the blower back up to listen for any unusual sounds (grinding).

Well it was night time and I didn't see the oil on the windsheild until I was already driving it again. And it looked like tree sap. The oil level is fine.

If there are no signs of leakage on the blower, how do you know it's from the blower?

It looks and smelled like blower oil.

Users who are viewing this thread