car and driver

kyStang1889

Ford Tech
Established Member
Has anyone seen the new car and driver where they compare the new challenger RT vs GT500/??

you can deff. tell who foot the bill for the article the challenger was the number one choice they said because the shelby had an archaic chassis and a whining motor:shrug: wtf i don't understand how people can be so dumb

Leonard 95

Established Member
its always that way when they compare a new car to a 2nd year run car. Just like car/truck of the year goes to the newest vehicle out every year.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
The "true" comparison will come when I FINALLY catch a SlowPAR Challenger out on the street. Man I can hardly wait...Car & Driver can get stuffed. Hissssss.

Win

Established Member
That body was ugly in the early 70's when they made it the first time. I was in college at the time and the joke was that they were so ugly that you had to wait until night to drive one. The tribute is no better now. That is a nice engine.

Diggy Moe

Established Member
That article kinda miffed me.We found the only person on earth that doesnt like the sound of a supercharger.

venams03

Established Member
That article kinda miffed me.We found the only person on earth that doesnt like the sound of a supercharger.

My thoughts exactly. Sounded too "Toy Like" from his quote. How the hell does forced induction and horsepower boost equate to "Toy Like". What an idiot of an author:fm:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I love articles like this. Gives the enemy an over inflated ego only to get stomped on the street when he attempts to bring truth to the fantasies he has been reading about......

JedWele

aka "boostfiend"
Established Member
Dumb people like that should not be able to write magazine articles.:kaboom:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Just by comparing stats between both cars The GT500 wins by default.

...................then again can you imagine what the impact would have been to the Challenger's rollout if it got a case of "bad press"? That car is allready in a lot of trouble. At 4200 lbs. may be they liked the ride quality and no blender sound. Go figure.

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
I remember the 05 Mustang GT review against the 6.0 GTO in car and driver. The GTO smoked it in performance but they gave the award to the GT because the GTO was ugly.:poke: Im sure that the fact the Mustang was the hot new car had something to do with it as well but they didnt admit that. :shrug: Boy they had some nasty letters the next month from the GTO boys.:lol1:

These latest comparos do prove the point that the mags have to credit the newest hot cars out no matter what the resulting numbers say.:bored:

swyss

Established Member
They did it again with the Bullitt... July '08

Note: More than half of the score is - Objective... Great basis for any conclusion.

Comfort and Ergonomics, Trunk Space etc. coupled with "Feel" values; "Fun to Drive" and "Gota Have It". Very scientific.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LMAO! the "fun to drive" and "gotta have it" have helped the BMW 3 series, the escalade(especially against land rovers), now the challenger, and soon to be the camaro!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
You sure its Car and Driver, i have the MotorTrend magazine and they did the comparison with the SRT8 Challenger and the GT500. It says " 1st Place-Challenger, broad shouldered good looks, thundering Hemi power, and savvy chassis tuning land Dodge's new old-school muscle machine out front. 2nd place-GT500, still an eye-catcher and sensationally fast, but the archaic chassis and whiney motor weaken its bid for numero uno."

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
when did the 300c come out? isnt this the same chasis as the challenger?

point being the mustang chasis and the challenger chasis should be nearly the exact same age.

Dave07997S

Established Member
You sure its Car and Driver, i have the MotorTrend magazine and they did the comparison with the SRT8 Challenger and the GT500. It says " 1st Place-Challenger, broad shouldered good looks, thundering Hemi power, and savvy chassis tuning land Dodge's new old-school muscle machine out front. 2nd place-GT500, still an eye-catcher and sensationally fast, but the archaic chassis and whiney motor weaken its bid for numero uno."

I think you are right..it was MotorTrend...I didn't see this in Car and Driver.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread