car # 20 on EBAY

94_302

Established Member
Thank you to all for standing up for the 2-Tops!!!

Many cars guys, even Mustang enthusiasts have never even heard of this option on a Mustang/Cobra convert.

Got any pics of your 2 Top Cobras? I love seeing them.

There is a Marauder guy who says his friend has a teal one and a yellow one that were supposed to be destroyed but slipped out.
Pic:
http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=garystrappazonatfwhq2gr0.jpg

I would love to get a 2 top Cobra but if I get one I want one that is stock and has everything the stand, cover, e.t.c and while it's tough enough to find one stock it's even harder to find one with the accessories.

The 2 Tops are rare and do not get enough love right now, but in the future I bet they will get PLENTY!!!! Especially with all the documentation and accessories.

I have 2 94 Brochures that show the white v6 vert and my 94 GT was supposed to have that option but Ford canceled it so it was not included.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Got any pics of your 2 Top Cobras? I love seeing them.

There is a Marauder guy who says his friend has a teal one and a yellow one that were supposed to be destroyed but slipped out.
Pic:
http://img265.imageshack.us/my.php?image=garystrappazonatfwhq2gr0.jpg

I would love to get a 2 top Cobra but if I get one I want one that is stock and has everything the stand, cover, e.t.c and while it's tough enough to find one stock it's even harder to find one with the accessories.

The 2 Tops are rare and do not get enough love right now, but in the future I bet they will get PLENTY!!!! Especially with all the documentation and accessories.

I have 2 94 Brochures that show the white v6 vert and my 94 GT was supposed to have that option but Ford canceled it so it was not included.

The only pictues that I have readily available are these two.

Note the rear 1/4 windows in the down position on the car to the left. It looks like a 94/95 Coupe, how can it have "roll down" rear windows???? Ahhh, one of the unique features of a 2-Top, regular production Coupe look, functional rear 1/4 windows.

The car with the hardtop on is #14, the one with the soft top down is #167.

2nd2-Topphotoshoot076.gif

2TopPhotoShoot085-1.gif

R

94_302

Established Member
They look great, how many miles are on them? Both stock? Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
They look great, how many miles are on them? Both stock? Thanks for the pics :thumbsup:

#14, the one with the hardtop on, has just over 2100 miles, the other #167 has just under 9100. #14 has a Ford Racing STB, and I have one for #167 (not installed yet). These cars benefit from the extra support that a STB provides. It will help in the long run to prevent sqeaks and rattles from body flex, cowl shake, etc. that is inherent with a unibody convert. The weld nuts and holes are all in place from the factory, so it is a total bolt-on with no mods to the car, otherwise I would not have installed it. Other than that, they are "as they came".

R

Last edited:

asperformance

Banned
I have a 95 Cobra, #1670. I bough it new, car has never seen rain, 100% have all Doc window sticker, Originla GSC still on the car, I have been offered quite a bit for it, seems thier are not may white Black leather cars left in Mint all original condition, Currently has 19K miles on it, I bought it when Iwas 20 Years old, Never moded the car, and rarely driven it. Now I am glad I i didn't. I drive it about once a month, People are always amazed at how clean it is. and that it is stock after all these years, seems their are plenty of 93 Cobras in this state, but not many 95's unless you want an R. I think the 95 will eventually catch up with the 93's will just take a while.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I have a 95 Cobra, #1670. I bough it new, car has never seen rain, 100% have all Doc window sticker, Originla GSC still on the car, I have been offered quite a bit for it, seems thier are not may white Black leather cars left in Mint all original condition, Currently has 19K miles on it, I bought it when Iwas 20 Years old, Never moded the car, and rarely driven it. Now I am glad I i didn't. I drive it about once a month, People are always amazed at how clean it is. and that it is stock after all these years, seems their are plenty of 93 Cobras in this state, but not many 95's unless you want an R. I think the 95 will eventually catch up with the 93's will just take a while.

^^^^^^^^^:thumbsup:^^^^^^^^^

R

94_302

Established Member
#14, the one with the hardtop on, has just over 2100 miles, the other #167 has just under 9100. #14 has a Ford Racing STB, and I have one for #167 (not installed yet). These cars benefit from the extra support that a STB provides. It will help in the long run to prevent sqeaks and rattles from body flex, cowl shake, etc. that is inherent with a unibody convert. The weld nuts and holes are all in place from the factory, so it is a total bolt-on with no mods to the car, otherwise I would not have installed it. Other than that, they are "as they came".

R

Wow just when I thought I couldn't be more jealous of the 2 gorgeous looking 2 tops. That mileage is really low. Most I have found that I have looked at have at least 40k on the clock and have gone up to 100k+ and were not going for anything less than 12k. Most were modded with exhaust and few had some leather that was very dry. I think you have a great group of cars there. Now you just need to find a 94 Pace car to go with those 2 rare 2 tops as well as the 95 R and you will have the 3 coolest 94-95's made. :coolman:

I now what you mean about the STB I took mine off when working on my 94 and had to make a quick run to the store so I didn't bother when putting it back on. I didn't necessarily notice a huge difference but there was a slightly different feel to things. I have like 36k on my 94 GT and it rarely gets driven anymore. I'm thinking about taking off the CAI and underdrives I put on when I was younger. The only mod I will leave on though is the tranny cooler I just installed cause the auto needs it imo.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Wow just when I thought I couldn't be more jealous of the 2 gorgeous looking 2 tops. That mileage is really low. Most I have found that I have looked at have at least 40k on the clock and have gone up to 100k+ and were not going for anything less than 12k. Most were modded with exhaust and few had some leather that was very dry. I think you have a great group of cars there. Now you just need to find a 94 Pace car to go with those 2 rare 2 tops as well as the 95 R and you will have the 3 coolest 94-95's made. :coolman:

I now what you mean about the STB I took mine off when working on my 94 and had to make a quick run to the store so I didn't bother when putting it back on. I didn't necessarily notice a huge difference but there was a slightly different feel to things. I have like 36k on my 94 GT and it rarely gets driven anymore. I'm thinking about taking off the CAI and underdrives I put on when I was younger. The only mod I will leave on though is the tranny cooler I just installed cause the auto needs it imo.

Thank you for the compliment(s). I have no more room for a 6th car. I am "car heavy" if you know what I mean, but I have been in discusion with a 4800 original mile Pace Car owner.

The STB is not noticed when the car is on a normal driving surface, but when I cross a train track, or go over a speed bump, these converts. seem to flex more without the solid roof support. The STB seems to stiffen the car a little more.

R

asperformance

Banned
Just sold a 4800 Mile 94 Rob, Mint car, you would be surprised to know that 94/95 cars don't bring much, Car was 1 owner, 100% original down to valve stim caps. Sold it for
15K, it may have been worth more but I tried to sell it a few times. Won't be buying anymore of those.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Just sold a 4800 Mile 94 Rob, Mint car, you would be surprised to know that 94/95 cars don't bring much, Car was 1 owner, 100% original down to valve stim caps. Sold it for
15K, it may have been worth more but I tried to sell it a few times. Won't be buying anymore of those.

Oh I know!! 94-98 Cobra's are $$$ down, way down. I think that many Pace Car and Mystic guys who own cars that were realistcally in the low to mid $20K's <<<(these would be low and ultra low mile examples) 2-3, 4 years ago, are now struggling for $$$ in the higher teens. It is like the bottom dropped out of this market. The 95R's are way behind the 93R's, and even the 00R's when you compare age vs. MSRP vs. condition vs. current selling $$$. It is a $$$ slump for all of them. Your 94, with that kind of miles could have brought more, the right person did not see it. I didn't realize that it could have been bought for that kind of $$$. I'm neck deep in 95's!! but I am not planning on selling any time soon (hopefully).

R

93_Snake

93 Cobra worshipper
Established Member
I saw one of those two top Cobras at a car show one time. At the time I did not realize what I was looking at was so rare.

94_302

Established Member
Yeah it seems like there are a lot of Pace Cars for sale these days and low mileage too, even under 100 miles. To me that just means it's a great time to buy. :thumbsup:

Back on topic I saw the pic of #19 on another board and I can't believe someone let it get to that state, and daily drove a car like that. I would say use a car with a little less history or rarity as a daily unless the car is already a high mileage one.

Users who are viewing this thread