Captain America: Civil War Spoilers Possible

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Has anyone seen this yet? What did you think?

I just got out of the theater and I have a few questions about where they left off. Otherwise, I thought the movie was another excellent film by Marvel.

Edit: This is a movie discussion thread. Spoilers will be in here, what else did you think would be in here?

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Seeing it tonight at 8:30. So far I have only heard that its equal if not better than Avengers 1. I cant ****ing wait!

mcaligiuri

Established Member
Put spoiler at the top !!! Jesus Christmas just ruined the... part for me

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I edited that stuff out for future readers. OP added spoiler to the body and I also added "Spoilers Possible" to the title.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Give it to me straight guys..

Are they sticking to the original story from the comics? I will still see it otherwise, but, I want to know if they did a certain thing to a certain main character.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Seeing it tonight at 8:30. So far I have only heard that its equal if not better than Avengers 1. I cant ****ing wait!
It was FAR better than Avengers 1. Avengers 1 was just a WOW factor the first time because it had everyone together, watching 2nd time around saw how dull and simple the movie was (story was very weak). It doesnt hold a candle to Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, GotG or this one.

Are they sticking to the original story from the comics? I will still see it otherwise, but, I want to know if they did a certain thing to a certain main character.
That part didnt happen.

It took some plots of the book but was different overall. IMO it was better this way, I was never a fan of Civil War book, had certain good areas but overall wasnt that great. The movie improved a lot of that. Spider-Man and Ant Man stole the BIG scenes, they were great!

Story wise, Winter Soldier is still the best but this one is up there to me. Watching it a second time next week.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
It was FAR better than Avengers 1. Avengers 1 was just a WOW factor the first time because it had everyone together, watching 2nd time around saw how dull and simple the movie was (story was very weak). It doesnt hold a candle to Winter Soldier, Iron Man 1, GotG or this one.

That part didnt happen.

It took some plots of the book but was different overall. IMO it was better this way, I was never a fan of Civil War book, had certain good areas but overall wasnt that great. The movie improved a lot of that. Spider-Man and Ant Man stole the BIG scenes, they were great!

Story wise, Winter Soldier is still the best but this one is up there to me. Watching it a second time next week.

So, the guy with the shield will be in the next Avengers film? :):):):):)

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I liked it a lot. Spiderman was great, and they actually made an effort to explain the animated mask.

Black Panther was awesome.

Ant Man's big scene was pretty fantastic, I love Paul Rudd's humor in the role.

So, the guy with the shield will be in the next Avengers film? :):):):):)

That's a really interesting way to frame that question.

VenomVeins

Established Member

No, it didnt stay true to the original comics in ONE BIG way: Spider Man.

They should have re-casted Tobey Maguire as Spider Man. It would have gone a long way in this movie for multiple reasons:

1. in Civil War (the comics version), Peter Parker isn’t in high school or college. He’s a high school Chemistry teacher years after first becoming Spidey. An older Tobey (39 years old) wouldve fit perfectly.

2. A deeper understanding of the agony both sides are dealing with in trying to persuade each other.....Parker/Spiderman is in the middle on this issue, caught between two great groups of people he likes and is understandably torn. The comics nail the internal struggle within Parker.

By making him a clueless (about the situation) teenager, not only is the whole timeline messed up, you lose valuable 'been through this' internal and external battle scars that wouldve made for great scenes between Parker and Stark as well as Parker and Captain America.

3. Parker being in 'Awe' of all the 'Superheroes' because he's a teenager. Incredibly stupid. He was a badass in his own right. This movie (and situation) is so much better served with an older spidey who could still pull off some of the same jokes with sharp wit while being a valuable, mature voice of reason.

4. Parker is a chemistry major....who doesnt want to see how he, Banner, and Stark react and converse with each other?

5. Aunt May.

I love Marissa Tomei. Even at this age, she is a smokeshow. She is not an aunt May. Not even close.

6. Giving ALL moviegoers and fans the FEELS! How AMPED and excited would everyone have been to see the OG (and best) Spidey come into this movie and make an impact moving forward?!

7. ANOTHER damn Spider man reboot movie. Really? REALLY? Hate to make sense here, but you couldve avoided ALL of that by casting Maguire.

By the way, the reboot STILL wont be as good as the Original first 2 Spidermans, which were Epic and still hold up incredibly well today.

Overall, They shit the bed on Spidey. Period.

This guy NAILS it on the whole Spiderman situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv-C2x8TrM0

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I am disappointed in teenage Spider-Man mostly due to the comic Civil War story arc having Spider-Man as a mature adult with an established relationship with all the avergers. However, considering that Spider-Man has not been part of the MCU till this movie kind of makes it difficult to have him be a mature superhero with a decade of experience. Otherwise where the hell was he during all the other atrocities that befell New York? Marvel really had to start over with him and with it they did a decent job. From a story telling and continuity standpoint their hands were tied. If the Toby McGuire Spider-Man was an established part of MCU that would be a different story but he isn't because Sony sucks.

Overall the movie was good with great action and great choreographed fight scenes with all the heros. It was better than Avengers 1, better than Avengers 2 and just behind Winter Soldier. The ideological reasons for why they were fighting each other were done really well. The emotional reasons why they were fighting each other was also great. You can sympathize with both sides and there really is no wrong or right answer. And in the end there were no real winners.

Its a great set up for Avengers 3 and the vision Tony had in Avengers 2. I have a feeling that due to the events in this movie Ironman won't join the others because **** captain and Bucky. I also think that nearly all the Avengers and allies will die in Avengers 3. Maybe only Doctor Strange, Ironman, Spider-Man and the GOTG crew will be left for part 2.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
****ing awesome. I need to watch it again to take it all in, we were too close and it was hard to see the whole screen.

We should wait a week or two to start talking plot and specifics though.

Users who are viewing this thread