Cant go W.O.T.!

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
My car is showing 2 codes!
P0068 -?
P0481 - Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit Malfunction
CAR IS NOT OVER HEATING!

I had the car dynoed 7/25/08 and now the car is having problems. I think it is because my dragon Tb does not close all the way. It idles at 1500 might throw the tps off. The car dies at WOT... If i punch it to wot it acts like a slipping clutch (but does not rpm.) Just falls on its face. If i go easy to wot it will run great! My sct2 has the idle set at 800rpm but the car idles at 1500. you can reach under the hood at push the tb closed. Then it will idle around 950rpm

Just popped the 20amp fuse for the fuel pump. now i got
p1030
p1233
p0148

Help! I am sitting on the side of the road on my cell phone..

Last edited:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Use you a/c fuse for the fuel pump to get you home. Might be a clogged fuel filter putting some stress on the pumps. Is you fuel system all stock?

Rick

keblmo

Banned
orange whiner.............thanks for the write up on the accufab throttle body....i just went out to check my voltage and it was at .87 and it idled at about 1100 rpms with shitty responsee....i've pulled this thing twice to clea it and i've even put a spring on it....but know its night and day......adjusted the voltage to 1.0 and it idles at 900 rpm's and the response is nice.....i always chalked it up as a bad throttle body....nice job man....karma is a good thing!

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
Well i had some guy click the key on and off for me....

Fuel pumps makes this great sound....
hummmmmmmmmgrrrrrrrrrra!
The grrrrra is no good..... lol Think i killed one or both pumps.. Dont know my duty cycle ... I have a 20amp Boost a pump... NO modded FPMD.... Cant work on the car not home...... :( pulling the tank wen.

Last edited:

orange_whiner

Pro-class stoplight racer
Established Member
orange whiner.............thanks for the write up on the accufab throttle body....i just went out to check my voltage and it was at .87 and it idled at about 1100 rpms with shitty responsee....i've pulled this thing twice to clea it and i've even put a spring on it....but know its night and day......adjusted the voltage to 1.0 and it idles at 900 rpm's and the response is nice.....i always chalked it up as a bad throttle body....nice job man....karma is a good thing!
thanks, but I take no credit for a write-up, I just linked some info:thumbsup:

Well i had some guy click the key on and off for me....

Fuel pumps makes this great sound....
hummmmmmmmmgrrrrrrrrrra!
The grrrrra is no good..... lol Think i killed one or both pumps.. Dont know my duty cycle ... I have a 20amp Boost a pump... NO modded FPMD.... Cant work on the car not home...... :( pulling the tank wen.
keep us updated

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
doing the PPRV delete.... And new (used) pumps. also checking the volts on the tps. and maybe getting a new dragon tb .... Also looking over the BAP

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If the fan is not coming on the CCRM could be bad.

I like to set the stop screw when I am tuning cars with aftermarket TBs.

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
well got the working ran great wot and everything for one night... Getting on the freeway it did it again and then the car died..... Now I have no Fuel pumps........... I am pulling out the 20A BAP.... All my prob. stated with it....

I thinkl it is the constant control relay... Or is it the FPDM??? the FPDM is stock....WHAT TEST DO I DO TO FIND OUT?

the BAP was turned all the way down......

Last edited:

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
BTW when it died.. I popped the 30A fuse for the constant control relay. (i think it is #26 in the fuse box under the hood) so i put a new 30A in and turned the key and it popped again.

and the theft light IS blinking rapidly

Last edited:

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
BTW the odometer reads ---------- and i cant load tunes or clear codes with my xcal2... Fuse #34 in the passenger compartment is NOT blown...
cut the BAP lines to the FPDM put a new 30a fuse in the #26 under the hood kicked the key on and it popped..
Really feel it is the CCRM...

but why is it bad? Can a bad FPDM kill the CCRM?

Last edited:

vtecthis349pony

IRS Assassin
Established Member
I disconnected the FPDM, ECU, and CCRM .. Then put the #26 30amp fuse in and turned the car on.... no pop. Then turned the car off plugged the ECU in turned the car on no pop. Did the same with the FPDM same outcome. Did it with the CCRM and it popped! BTW. My A/C works...

Users who are viewing this thread