cant get heat to work!!!

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
i got 03...just rebuilt entire top end due to blown head gasket. Apparently the car had been run hot by a previous owner. Thank you Blacks automotive for selling a cobra filled with block sealer. head warped ohhh it was a nightmare and costly. car is all back together runs great, no over heating but the heater core still acts like air is trapped. Ive followed the directions avail on this forum repeatedly. no luck heater hoses wont get hot. new water pump thermostat heads rebuilt heater core flushed out of answers. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
if i raise front of car and fill from cross over it will work for a short time. but eventualy quit, and blow cold agian.

Quick Strike

Established Member
Block sealer could have clogged restrictor in the line to the heater core. Check the restrictor in the line. I guess for that matter it could have clogged the core too.

icyrolly

icyrolly 03 cobra
Established Member
No head cooling mod. Pulled hoses off heater core flows fine. As far as plugged hose, I raise the nose of car and the heat will get hot as he11 but when lower it and drive it quits. I think if hose was plugged it wouldnt ever get hot. Repeat Blacks Automotive Orlando FL sold me this head ache. I drove this car for about 3 days before these problems arose. A couple grand later, They have reminded me this car was purchased as is.

j-tan

Established Member
Check to make sure all your vacuum lines for the ac/heater are connected. They should be on the passenger side of the engine bay.

postalbunny

Established Member
+1 check lines to heater core. Is it hot coming back out of it? My Impala had similar issue, i hooked up the coolant flush to the "out" and ran water through it backwards. All the nasty stuff that was blocking it flew back out and heat worked once again.

Users who are viewing this thread