Cant find any info about this..... Need Help!

RedFlash

Established Member
Recently bought my wife a 2011 F-150 Ecoboost and it inspired me (After messing with an '02 HD F-150 on I-35 Freeway) to pull the 01 Lightning from the garage after an extended deployment to Baghdad/Basra. I've never had any mechanical issues since I purchased the Lightning back in 2005, but I decided to "Burn the carbon off the pistons" and get through all the gears at WOT. 1st Gear - Spins (Feathering throttle to reduce spin), 2nd Gear - Spins (Feathering), 3rd Gear - Pulls Strong, 4th Gear - Great UNTIL 105-110mph. The Truck is acting as if it has a rev-limiter and I cannot seem to get the speed above 120mph before it becomes absolutely unbearable. This includes with O/D off and on. The boost guage is bouncing all over the place and the RPM Guage is as well. I've previously had the truck to 145+mph (GPS Verified) but its been years (Probably ~3-4).

Talking with my resident know-it-all-mechanic-buddy-who-drives-a-stick and hasn't ridden in the truck, he thinks the Tranny is slipping, but at cruise speed there isn't any slipping plus it doesn't do it at any speed/gear below the aforementioned speeds. Only WOT after 100+mph

Could it be the converter? Are my clutches finally giving out? Anyone in the San Antonio,TX area wanna go for a ride and "feel" it?

I'm going to replace the stupid overlooked parts that should have been replaced years ago (plugs, coil packs, fuel filter, u-joints, etc) but I have this feeling its somewhere in the Rotating Assembly, but where?

My list of mods is short:
K&N with C&L Inlet Pipe
Spintech exhaust
SC Tune (Previous Owner who didn't have Tuner anymore)
Accufab TB
4# Lower Pulley
FTVB with 4x4 Pan/Filter

And the following has been replaced since the issue came up:
SC Belt
Idler Pullies
Trans Fluid

I know its long but I figured I'd get as much out as I can instead of having to answer questions that should have been answered in the description.

Thoughts?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Change the fuel filter and be VERY careful going WOT until the issue is corrected or it could cost you an engine.

Don't replace all that stuff you listed at one time, diagnose and troubleshoot logically, the issue is most likely simple.

RedFlash

Established Member
Update: I replaced the Coil Packs and the Fuel Filter. I've been sitting on the MotoBlue Coil Packs for about 2 years and finally decided to replace the factories. I haven't been able to verify if this has resolved the issue since it has been raining all week and I just don't have the balls I did years ago to go WOT to that speed with wet roads. If the issue is resolved, I will post another update.

Users who are viewing this thread