Can't find Amsoil, what's your second choice?

phfelts

Established Member
Maybe I just suck at the search function, very likely, but if seen plenty of threads arguing over Amsoil 10w-30 vs Motorcraft 5w-20. I've got a track pack GT, but from what I understand, there's no real reason to run the 5w-50. I live in Hawaii, so I'm not really racing the car, aside from occasional highway pulls, but I couldn't find the Amsoil anywhere that I've checked so far, so I'm wondering what people would pick as an alternative. Thanks guys, and sorry if I'm beating a dead horse here!

Paul

blksnke2

Established Member
Amsoil isn't sold in stores because it is the highest quality synthetic oil and they support small business rather than big business like auto parts stores. I have been ordering mine from a coworker but I'm about to become an Amsoil dealer myself.

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
What's wrong with Mobil 1 ?

Smh2.gif

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Mobil one extended performance 5W30 is what i would run if i couldn't find amsoil. If your do ever do alot of open track events i would go with a 5w40.

bodon

Established Member
Nothing wrong with Mobil 1,Royal Purple,Syntec,Pennzoil Platinum and countless others. Main thing is to follow regular maintainance intervals. Matter of fact in the heat of summer I run Mystik 15-40 wth extra zinc additive. It's a conventional oil but I bracket race it in the summer and like the heavier grades for that. No issues at all. (and no notorious tick).

BlueSmokem5.0

Established Member
Mobil 1 worked excellent for me with my stock coyote with 125 shot of N20 ran 10.50's. Had 22,000 miles on it when I decided to go with forged internals , but it looked brand new cross hatching still in every cylinder no shadowing. I'm running it in my new engine with a 200 shot also.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Amsoil isn't sold in stores because it is the highest quality synthetic oil and they support small business rather than big business like auto parts stores. I have been ordering mine from a coworker but I'm about to become an Amsoil dealer myself.

My local Napa carries it.

OP, I've used Royal Purple HPS (XPR is even better) for a couple of years. You can order it on Amazon.

phfelts

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread