Cannon AFB/Clovis Area

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Yeah she's army national guard up at Ft Bliss I believe it is. I'm just glad to have a garage to keep my car in until I get another daily driver like a explorer or ranger or F-150 for the snow and rain I hear this place gets. But my biggest concern is gas since they dont have 93 octane here. I've been using Lucas Octane booster. Been thinking of getting some Torco. Just wish that was sold around here, not looking forward to buying race gas locally for $9/gallon.

Tedisky

Need more Money!!!!!
Established Member
Yeah, it's Ft Bliss. Luckly I do have a dd, I use my F150 for that.

My tune is set for 91, so that's what I use. Hopefully one day I can get somewhere that has 93 or higher at the pumps. I do know that there are areas up that way that don't even have 91.

We have a couple places locally that sell race gas, don't know in what quanity.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I know locally for race gas it's like $9/gallon but i dont want to have to replace my plugs every so often. Might just have to have somebody trailer my car to Alberqurque (sp?) and see if Hellion can tune it for this altitude and what not and hope they dont try to sell me on buying a turbo kit from them.

But yeah I'm looking to get a explorer or ranger or F-150 for the winters and storms to keep my baby garaged

Last edited:

CO_SVT

Established Member
Well I posted in another thread but I am at Cannon from Hurby as well, and I remember you (Steeda04SVT) from injected and PFO cars details in my sig.

Last edited:

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
Haha hey what's up man. I remember you from PFO. When did you get here? Shoot me a PM with your number. But man them injected days were from long ago. Now I'm mostly about PFO/SVTP. But we have another 2 more cobras coming from Hurby next month, they are both PFO and they are a 99 Cobra Conv and a 03 Cobra Conv. I'd like to get some pics soon of the PFO NM Chapter soon.

Last edited:

CO_SVT

Established Member
I got here back in April. I PM'd you my number, let me know when you want to do some pics. There is supposed to be some sort of performance car club/gathering soon. If you go to the BX look on the board across from robinhood and there should be a flyer about it.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
I'll check it out. My first official day of work is Thursday and start inprocessing and doing all that finance and TMO crap. So we got 2 Torch Reds, 1 Comp Orange and 2 Silver and 1 black cobra in the area. Seen a 01 Maroon colored cobra today at the car wash off Prince St/Llano Estacado.

Last edited:

CO_SVT

Established Member
yea I have only seen one torch red one driving on base and that was only once. I saw another one with a roll cage over in Chavez. They all work with you?

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
The torch red ones works at the 73rd AMU and I'm over at the 16th AMU. He's a hydro troop. But thinking of trying to find some places to take pics tomorrow if your down.

LDC2335

Established Member
im in clovis(cannon), moved from hulburt in February, just saw another sn95 cobra black like mine but hard top and dark wheels. Id like to meet up with him, ive only seen 1 other sn95 cobra here, its a red 94-95

CO_SVT

Established Member
im in clovis(cannon), moved from hulburt in February, just saw another sn95 cobra black like mine but hard top and dark wheels. Id like to meet up with him, ive only seen 1 other sn95 cobra here, its a red 94-95

Whats up Crouch! This is Herron. Check out this site PFO Mustangs.com | Home it is the forum we use for local stuff. The sn95 you are talking about is on that site as well as a few other local cobra guys.

Last edited:

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member

Sup man, yeah I work with the other guy that has the SN95 Cobra. I seen your car the other day on base when I was headed to work. The car looks damn good. But as CO_SVT says, check out PFO Mustangs.com | Home. I'm the head of the New Mexico Chapter and there is a handful of cobras guys out here from PFO. Hope to meet up with ya soon and check out the ride. Let me know what your username is if you sign up so I can activate your acct right away.

LDC2335

Established Member
I created account under same user name

ldc2335

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member
speaking of gas, is there anywhere to get 93, what about farwell? my tune is for 93, so use 91 and 1 or 2 bottles of booster, car runs good, but im tired of buying booster on top of premium.

Also any good shops in Amarillo, Lubbock or Albuquerque, i was gonna get gears installed a while back, but everyone i talked to wanted a min of $400 for labor only and all sounded like douches.So i got a tuner and exhaust instead. Wish someone would open a performance shop here.

Steeda04SVT

Team Bareass New Mexico
Established Member
speaking of gas, is there anywhere to get 93, what about farwell? my tune is for 93, so use 91 and 1 or 2 bottles of booster, car runs good, but im tired of buying booster on top of premium.

Also any good shops in Amarillo, Lubbock or Albuquerque, i was gonna get gears installed a while back, but everyone i talked to wanted a min of $400 for labor only and all sounded like douches.So i got a tuner and exhaust instead. Wish someone would open a performance shop here.

Yeah my tune is for 93 as well, but one of the guys on PFO knows of a place that tunes for about $300. Trying to get him to post it up so I can do some research as well. Been using Lucas Octane Booster with each tank.

pbdrew15

Established Member

Hey man im the other SN95 in Clovis. I see your the other black one ive seen running around. Hit me up sometime. I work in the 16th on Cannon. My number is 678-480-5541. Im kinda having a few issues with the car so maybe you can give some insight. Thanks man

LDC2335

Established Member
hey man im the other sn95 in clovis. I see your the other black one ive seen running around. Hit me up sometime. I work in the 16th on cannon. My number is **********. Im kinda having a few issues with the car so maybe you can give some insight. Thanks man

ive only had mine since feb, so i am no expert, but ive done every bit of mods and maintenence myself, so i know a decent amount. ive also had the valve covers off and the radiator and condensor out/flushed. i also have a sct tuner incase you need to check some mil codes.
I saw yours at pt this morning. I gotta get that spoiler asap. Looks nice

pm me on here it goes straight to my email, or hit me up on global (crouch, lee) with the problems your having. im leave sunday for 3 week tdy to cali, so let me know if you need something before that.

Last edited:

pbdrew15

Established Member
Its throwing me codes p0171 and p0174 I know both are for lean condition. Also the car runs great with no problems but at time will idle then sometimes instantly drop to 500 rpms or so and runs like its missing or on 6 or so cylinders. But then if I take off and drive it runs fine. The problem is intermitten. Maybe coils? wires? As far as I know its stock tune. Does have some bolt on such as long tubes with off road x pipe, bbk intake, C&L MAF housing, but not any forced induction. Coils look stock not sure when plugs were changed. Also there is a tube that connects to the aft left side of the intake tube but the hose keeps slipping of. I read that unmetered air can throw these codes? Any help or guidance of anykind would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

LDC2335

Established Member
the hose slipping off the intake is probably throwing the p0174, i had an intake leak and it threw that one...I also have the bbk, i bought some hose clamps and clamped the hoses on.

googled it:

A code P0171 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* The MAF (Mass Air Flow) Sensor is dirty or faulty. Note: The use of "oiled" air filters may cause the MAF to become dirty if the filter is over-oiled. There is also an issue with some vehicles where the MAF sensors leak the silicone potting material used to protect the circuitry.
* There could be a vacuum leak downstream of the MAF sensor.

i highly recommend a tuner when you can, you have alot of air/exhaust mods and it will really wake em up.

also, do you know what he put on there to get rid of the codes for the x pipe and headers? that could be a code thrower also. The mil eliminators that alot of guys use dont always work. i have mine turned off with the tuner, but before that i made some out of antifoulers. i have em laying around if ya need em. here is a write up i did on em.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...nsor-cel-fix-using-anti-foulers-how-make.html

Also your pre. owner said your plugs were done about six months ago, with one step colder plugs(not sure why, there not needed), your wires are not stock and id say 9mm, and your coils do look stock, and with close to 100k miles, id look into them, they run like 120-160 a set for performance coils.

hope some of all this rambling helped.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread