cancre sore

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
ssssnake said:
Wrong.

Canker sores occur on the inside of the mouth, usually on the inside of the lips, cheeks, and/or soft palate. They can also occur on the tongue and in the throat. Often, several canker sores will appear at the same time and may be grouped in clusters. Canker sores appear as a whitish, round area with a red border. The sores are painful and sensitive to touch. The average canker sore is about one-quarter inch in size, although they can occasionally be larger. Canker sores are not infectious.

Approximately 20% of the U.S. population is affected with recurring canker sores, and more women than men get them. Women are more likely to have canker sores during their premenstrual period.

Canker sores are sometimes confused with cold sores. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus. This disease, also known as oral herpes or fever blisters, can occur anywhere on the body. Most commonly, herpes infection occurs on the outside of the lips and the gums, and much less frequently on the inside the mouth. Cold sores are infectious

I'm not a Doctor but I play one on T.V. and I like this reply best of all because it sounds like a doctor wrote it and I happen to play one on T.V. so I should know. :smmon:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Thanks for the tips. It's no better today. I think I've had it about a week now.

It kind of feels like I have a cold too, since my glands in my neck are real swollen and I've been really tired lately. But no other symptoms like runny nose or sore throat etc. Oh well, I'm sure it should start getting better in a few days...

:beer:

blueoval4ever

голубой овал на всегда
Established Member
Blackgeetee said:
Thanks for the tips. It's no better today. I think I've had it about a week now.

It kind of feels like I have a cold too, since my glands in my neck are real swollen and I've been really tired lately. But no other symptoms like runny nose or sore throat etc. Oh well, I'm sure it should start getting better in a few days...

:beer:
I find that when my immune system gets run down I get canker sores or fever blisters. Usually thats the first indication that I'm getting sick. Zovirax is the shit for cold sores, sometimes if I put some Zovirax on it when I notice it forming it goes away. More than 50% of the human race has some form of herpes but not everyone shows symptoms, don't make me break out the oral pathology book to prove it.

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:
actually it is a form of the herpes virus..just a different strain than the STD. Herpes Simplex 1 and Herpes Simplex 2. I believe 1 is the STD (which also causes the cold sores on your lips) and 2 is the strain that causes CANKER sores. Sorry bud, but it IS herpes.

LOL why did i know she was going to say that?

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Ever get one of those anoying zits inside your nostril?? Now those suckers hurt!!

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Mix a teaspoon of sea salt (non-iodized) into one half cup of warm water and swish for 30 seconds, at least three times a day or as often as you want. I only know this b/c it worked beautifully on a tongue piercing I used to have but I was told it worked just as well for canker sores and it's true. That sore will be healed before you know it.

Last edited:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
Defyant said:
Ever get one of those anoying zits inside your nostril?? Now those suckers hurt!!

dude, the worst is zit in the ear. one got so huge it hindered my hearing... then one day when I was in a meeting it poped.. I had to excuse myself and run to the bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread