cancre sore

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I've had a damn cancre sore on the inside of my mouth, back by my last bottom tooth for about a week now. It's not going away. I read that they're caused from lack of sleep among other things. For me it's gotta be that since I've been getting very little sleep lately. Anyway, it's like a damn hole on the inside of my mouth. I can hardly talk. Anyone else ever get these little bastards?

And no it's not STD related...:p

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
ttiwwop.gif
:banana:

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Keep the pics! Its a form of herpes. Sorry. If you bit your cheek and it wont heal, try mouthwash. It will hurt but will clean u up

Sapperstang

Established Member
Holy Crap! At first I had to check the name to make sure I didn't post this! I had the exact same problem. It was low on the gum line at the bottom inside and it hurt when I swallowed or moved my tongue around. I could't even stick my tongue halfway out. It woudl not go away until I started swishing with salt water twice a day. After two days of that it started healing. Try it.

pwnt04

Frickin' Ladies Man
Established Member
It's possible that you are allergic to a substance commonly found in toothpaste: Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is a foaming agent used in most over the counter toothpastes. Try using a toothpaste that doesn't contain any SLS. Rembrant (Specially Formulated For Canker Sore Sufferers) and Natural White are two that I use and I experienced a dramatic reduction in the frequency and severity of canker sores.

Try taking a Q-Tip and dipping it into sodium peroxide and holding it directly on the canker sore for 30 seconds. Do this twice daily (morning and night). This will disinfect the sore and allow for quicker healing. Also, avoid beverages which are highly acidic: Orange Juice (all citrus for that matter), Milk, Soda, Etc...

Another way to help heal the sore would be to purchase some liquid Benedryl and liquid Kaopectate. Mix these two 50/50 in a small cup. Use a Q-Tip and apply directly to the sore for 30 seconds. You will experience even better results if you applied this mixture after you applied the sodium peroxide.

I hope this information helped.

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Just wet your finger and dip it in salt. Then press that right on the cancre sore in your mouth. It will hurt for a few seconds but it will speed up the healing process. Itll stop hurting immediatley after.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Canker sores are not necessarily the result of herpes. They can be caused by any sort of irritation within the mouth. Its cold sores that are a form of herpes, but there are a lot of people that get cold sores and its not like genital herpes.
Anyway, go to the neighborhood Walgreens or CVS and look over around the vitamins. Look for L-Lysine (amino acid). Take one a day and you've likely seen the last of them. You may get one once in awhile, but not like before. They are also pretty good for cold sores as well.
In the mean time, drink milk. Milk is a natural source for L-Lysine. Stay away from peanut butter, chocolate and nuts for awhile until the sore is gone away.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
I always get those little bumps on your tongue that hurt. WTF are up with those things anyway?

dorky LS1 chick

still lurking...
Established Member
actually it is a form of the herpes virus..just a different strain than the STD. Herpes Simplex 1 and Herpes Simplex 2. I believe 1 is the STD (which also causes the cold sores on your lips) and 2 is the strain that causes CANKER sores. Sorry bud, but it IS herpes.

speederdoc

Established Member
Herpes sores tend to be on the outside of the lip, and visible.

Canker sores are on the inside of the lips, or on the tongue, and only visible if you open your mouth.

Get some Zilactin at Walgreens and put it on there. It's over the counter. It'll hurt like hell for a minute, but then not hurt for hours.

For the visible herpes sores, a prescription of Denavir will knock those out. But you have to see a doctor for that.

ssssnake

Established Member
dorky LS1 chick said:
actually it is a form of the herpes virus..just a different strain than the STD. Herpes Simplex 1 and Herpes Simplex 2. I believe 1 is the STD (which also causes the cold sores on your lips) and 2 is the strain that causes CANKER sores. Sorry bud, but it IS herpes.

Wrong.

Canker sores occur on the inside of the mouth, usually on the inside of the lips, cheeks, and/or soft palate. They can also occur on the tongue and in the throat. Often, several canker sores will appear at the same time and may be grouped in clusters. Canker sores appear as a whitish, round area with a red border. The sores are painful and sensitive to touch. The average canker sore is about one-quarter inch in size, although they can occasionally be larger. Canker sores are not infectious.

Approximately 20% of the U.S. population is affected with recurring canker sores, and more women than men get them. Women are more likely to have canker sores during their premenstrual period.

Canker sores are sometimes confused with cold sores. Cold sores are caused by herpes simplex virus. This disease, also known as oral herpes or fever blisters, can occur anywhere on the body. Most commonly, herpes infection occurs on the outside of the lips and the gums, and much less frequently on the inside the mouth. Cold sores are infectious

Users who are viewing this thread