Can you run 93 pump gas +boostane with ID1700 injectors? Driveability?

GodStang

Established Member
What happens if none of them flow match?

Flow match means that all the injectors you have flow within a small percent of each other. Further off each injector is more lean or rich that one cylinder will be compared to the others. If they are too far off then yes you can have horrible issues. You can also get them flow tested for $6-$8 an injector which you should do no matter where you get them from. Most of these injector companies are flow matching the injectors, putting their stickers or cases on the injector and up-charging you $1K-$1500.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Depends where you buy from. For the massive price difference you can buy $10 or $12 for $600 and flow test them at $7 an injector and you still come out $1200 less than the same rebranded injectors. Huge group of guys running these on near stock gas pump cars all the way up to wild builds.

What happens if none of them flow match?

This is what happens when you dont have injectors that are flow matched on a high HP build.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Flow match means that all the injectors you have flow within a small percent of each other. Further off each injector is more lean or rich that one cylinder will be compared to the others. If they are too far off then yes you can have horrible issues. You can also get them flow tested for $6-$8 an injector which you should do no matter where you get them from. Most of these injector companies are flow matching the injectors, putting their stickers or cases on the injector and up-charging you $1K-$1500.

Your paying the big money because they pair flow match injectors so they are going to be safe on your build. The problem with your thought is that if none of them are within proper spect then you have to spend money all over again to get them in spect. Its wasted time and money. Could cost you just as much or more than paying for the flow match injectors the 1st time.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Your paying the big money because they pair flow match injectors so they are going to be safe on your build.

^^^this. ~$600 is not a big number compared to what it will cost if you melt a piston. There are plenty of tuners that will only work with IDs and there is a reason why.

It is not like the straight bosch or DWs are shit but it is not a place to get cheap if you planning a serious build.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^this. ~$600 is not a big number compared to what it will cost if you melt a piston. There are plenty of tuners that will only work with IDs and there is a reason why.

It is not like the straight bosch or DWs are shit but it is not a place to get cheap if you planning a serious build.
My eBay special legit Bosch 220# injectors that are the rebranded ID2200s we’re flowed and were within 2%. I saved $1000 for the race car. It was a gamble worth taking.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
OP if you want to swap out new 1300s for your 1700s I’m game. They have 2 Dyno sessions and one track rental on them. Flushed with pump gas then stored. I’m sending them out for cleaning and flow next week looking to trade up or down 1050x or 1700s
-J

Bad Company

Established Member
I run ID1700 injectors on pump 93 with no octane additive for street driving. The engine is a 5.8L that has been sleeved and built for max power with a KB 4.2L supercharger. The street/pump gas pulley combination is an ATI stock diameter lower with a 4" diameter upper this build 18.9 psi of boost at 6800 RPM, which is the engine RPM limit of my street pump gas tune. My engine mods and cams still have this engine building power at 7400 RPM. The dyno curve hasn't nosed over yet at 7400. The cams create poor vacuum at idle this creates slightly hard starting issues on hot engine restarts with these injectors due to too much fuel versus no airflow while turning on the starter. I've learned to restart the car when hot by following the flooded engine protocol that Ford has programmed into the PCM. This gets the engine rolling on the starter for a few seconds to establish airflow entering the cylinders before any fuel is injected to be burnt. Once I lift my foot off of the throttle and the PCM starts to inject fuel, the engine fires normally and immediately idles stable for the cams and injectors in the car. It does seem to be running slightly rich on pump 93, but for the power this engine produces I feel it is very safe with no fear of detonation. I also have a fast idle speed of a 1000 RPM to keep both oil pressure up and to help with the fact the ID1700 injectors aren't able to have as small of an injector pulse width as the other sizes do for a less rich idle condition. This engine on pump 93 with no octane booster produced 940ish RWHP on a Mustang dyno with a reputation of not being generous. I was told to expect a number closer to 1000RWHP on a different dyno. The street tune on pump 93 is limited to 6800 RPM because the engine wants to build higher boost as the supercharger starts getting into a higher RPM and into its efficiency range for airflow.

Is it hard to drive around town? No, but I wouldn't want to get stuck in a traffic jam with the car either. Between the 3.31 rear gears, a tall 28.7" rear tire, a 1000 RPM idle speed this car produces a ground speed of 10 mph in first gear at idle engine speed. Anything below 10 mph and you're constantly trying to slip the clutch or pushing it in and then letting it back out to keep moving.

Is the car worth this aggravation? Oh....yeah.

On C85 the engine produced 1106RWHP@7400RPM with 20.2 psi of boost, the engine can and should be able to produce in excess of 1400RWHP with an upper pulley change. And it has been driven on the street with 93 and the big pulley combination many times.

Here is a link to the car

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/the-resurrection-of-the-accuser.1158300/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread