can you put a root supercharger (eaton) on a 99 cobra stock motar

Brutal Metal

Established Member
^ If a guy is switching to a turbo etc.. in an 03/04 the whole Eaton setup with all parts needed will sometimes show up for sale like mentioned.. On the other end piecing together $4-$5K. Just get a Centri blower!

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I invested a total of just over 3K in my swap and that includes the tune, tools and misc BS I needed to buy to do the swap. I paid 2500 for the COMPLETE swap the only part I needed to buy was a $12 power steering hose (didn't really need it but didn't like how the 01 hose fit) and another 400 for a tune. I traded my stock intake for an 03 dual pump setup and tank. Spent another couple hundred on BS like an air grinder, giant wrench for the egr, gas tank filler neck seal, new coolant, new oil for motor and blower, wires, relay, heat-shrink, etc. End result is 440 at the tires on a 95 degree day and made the car a blast to drive. Best part is I still have some old parts to sell like my old tuner (Diablo if anyone wants it), svt focus pump, jlt CAI and probably some other stuff. So I can offset the BS stuff with this.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I did the install in my garage. It really isn't a hard swap at all. Basically and intake and timing cover.

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
That's a lot! I had a 99 trams am and u can get a magma charger for them for 7 g that's crazy how much that stuff costs

You don't need 7gs to make power with the ls1.

You can do cam only,boltons and tune and make more power then an Eaton swapped 99/01 all day. I had a 00 99 97 95 and 94 trans am an even my LT1 cars were over 400whp with heads,cam,bolts ons tune and way less money, but those cars are shitty with shitty interior shitty rear ends and shitty everything else besides the motor, tranny and electrical connectors..

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member

You can do cam only,boltons and tune and make more power then an Eaton swapped 99/01 all day. I had a 00 99 97 95 and 94 trans am an even my LT1 cars were over 400whp with heads,cam,bolts ons tune and way less money, but those cars are shitty with shitty interior shitty rear ends and shitty everything else besides the motor, tranny and electrical connectors..

This right here is 100% True. Couldn't have said it better myself :beer:

RX1Cobra

Established Member

Don't buy it... I'll race a cam and bolt lt1 ANY day of the week. How is 400 rwhp more than 440? If I wanted to be REALLY cheap I could have done this swap for about 2200 bucks. 25 for the kit 700 in take off parts to sell and 400 for the tune. Bring a pig lt1.

force feed

Established Member
When I had my 01 it cost 3100$ from start to finish. That includes polished accufab t/b and plenum with a jlt rai. The car put down 440/403. It was a fun car to drive after the swap.

2K1 SVT

Established Member

No, unless its a big unstreetable cam I don't see any heads cam ls1 beating my eaton swap car let alone an lt1. I have a video of me destroying a full bolt + cam ls1 if you don't believe me

mr.speaker

99 Cobra
Established Member
Don't buy it... I'll race a cam and bolt lt1 ANY day of the week. How is 400 rwhp more than 440? If I wanted to be REALLY cheap I could have done this swap for about 2200 bucks. 25 for the kit 700 in take off parts to sell and 400 for the tune. Bring a pig lt1.

I'm not going to argue with you, you don't even know what you're talking about and it would be like arguing with a 12 year old.

"2K1 SVT" what did you run in the 1/4 ? You probably don't even know..My cam only ls1 with bolt ons was trapping 130mph in the 1/4 at 2500ft..my heads cam lt1's were about the same..Oh and both were street friendly with the AC on coming to a stop.

Edited by moderator, the next time you start name calling it won't end well.
If you cannot discuss a topic like an adult then you may have the wrong forum.

Last edited:

wilco1rd

Established Member
Keep your eyes posted for a roots style blower used.
I bought my 2.1 KB for 3K did the install in my garage and was making an additional 165 rwhp in a little less than a week on my 01!! Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread