Can you just replace the 460 head unit and sound right?

black 10th vert

Established Member
^exactly! My sound quality has improved quite a bit with the Pioneer nav. deck I put in.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I changed the head unit to an Alpine and shortly after upgraded all speakers to Boston Acoustics with Alpine Amps, I needed more power so I could hear when top was down. :)

I had a 2002 GT convertable with the mach1000 in it. absolutely no trunk space because of the subs but I could hear that bad boy at 95 with the top down. I almost wish I had it in my 04 vert.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i changed my cd player.. used the crutchfield adapter..and modded it so the mid's work. i cant turn my volume up loud at all without the speakers making the crackling noise.. its annoying. what can i do to change this?

20psirabbit

Established Member
It doesn't matter what deck you use, or the output on the deck. You're not using speaker outs on the deck to power the speakers, you're using amp RCA outs to the stock amps, and then powering those amps and it works. I did it in my car myself with a pioneer avic f90-bt, just make sure you get a harness for a car with the Mach system and you'll be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread