Can you believe this?

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Just want to share with all the experience I had with UPRproducts.com

About 3 weeks ago I order the Venom Kit from their site, good price the guy taking the order was very short and had an attitude like I was bothering him. Personally I have had bad days also so I let it pass. A week later I receive my package, looks like someone through all the stuff in the box and prayed it would get there safely, well it didn't. I was missing some bolts, once again no big deal I simply go out and get some I just would have rather not had to do that. Then I am looking at my X-pipe hmmm....I say there are not cats, the website at the time had no mention of the catless offroad x-pipe and the site said everything was bolt on. I give them a quick call, they recognize the mistake and immediately change it. Then they tell me if I ship it back they will give me my money back for their mistake. :)

Okay I am still happy with the package no big deal I will keep the X-pipe and probably sell it down the road I am thinking.

Then I go to install the Dynomax Catback exhaust other than the missing bolts things are going well, then I notice from the H-pipe to the new dynomax mufflers the two pipes they gave me are of equal length, well the h-pipe is of not equal length, no worries I cut it down and all fits just fine.

The pulley they sent me went on fine, and they sent the correct belt also!

So now comes the chip part, I read the directions and follow them to a T, put the chip in and the car won't start, let me think must have been something I did, 2 hours go by I keep looking for mistakes I might have made. Finally get so sleepy I say I will call them in the morning.

Well it is morning now, I just got off the phone with UPR, hmmmm...they said the chip they sent me will not work with my computer, and they do not have the software as of yet to send out the proper chip, but they wouldn't anyway because they told me I would have to RETURN MY CHIP FIRST! Now my car sits and waits because it probably is not wise to drive with the 2.93 pulley and no chip.

:beer:

i8u

Established Member
Everyone i've heard that has delt with UPR has had problems.
Guess this is one company to stay away from.

mosconiac

Established Member
Sorry to hear of your troubles with UPR.

I've heard the same comments from many on the board. Usually it is just poor etiquite on the phone and maybe a shipping error. Unfortunately for you, you got a bonus of missing parts and having to modify parts to fit, too.

Expect a reply on this board from UPR. It seems they pay attention to SVTPerformance.com and will promise to get it right.

If UPR does see this...it is unacceptable for your customer(s) to have to forfeit use of their car due to your mistake. Ship a new chip now and trust that the customer will return the flawed chip in good faith. It is on your shoulders to bear the risk, not burden the customer further (especially one that been so forgiving of other shortcomings and has corrected them without involving you).

Good luck, Mosconiac

93cobra03

Established Member
Although I would be pissed, you can run your car fine w/o chip iut will not be lean. The car is so rich that they do not richen them w/ an L pulley but remove even more fuel and put in timing.
Hope this helps

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I've only ordered the UPR CAI but it also did not come with the 4 bolts. Maybe it wasn't suppose to. Had to go buy them myself. The 1st set of bumper inserts I got didn't fit. Sent them back, rcvd second set, and a week after I installed them they did a re-work to make them fit better.

Last edited:

King Cobra 03

Established Member
let me tell you about UPR, i orderd my COBRA letter inserts for my car from them, so i get them, and i did'nt try to put them on right away was too busy with work, so a week goes by and i was on here and saw a post from UPR that wrong letters were sent out and to call so and so and they will send the right ones. so i go check the inserts i had and you guessed it wrong ones. so i call them and they said they will send me the right ones right away. well a week and a half later i get them,( funny i paid for 3 day shipping on my original order and on there nut they send it ups ground) i open the box (that was in perfect condition) and 3 of the 5 letters had little rips in them and the other 2 had dents in them and the zip lock bag had the same marks on it ( quality packaging by the way ). so i pick up the phone and call them, and the gentelman (hum hum) on the phone tells me i need to send back both sets of letters so i tell him i tossed the first set already when i was told i was getting a new set and he says "well then we cant exchange this set without both sets." ok.....kiss my a**

a $ 40.00 lesson NOT to buy anything from them again:idea:

MinGrey03

Established Member
Hmmm...

I have dealt with UPR since I bought my 1996 Cobra new 7 years ago. The 1996 is now gone in exchange for my 2003 Cobra. I immediately purchased a CAI from UPR (who was the only one on the market with a quality CAI kit at the time). The result was outstanding. I just received my Venom Kit today. I won't have a chance to install it until the weekend but everything is boxed well, and is there. The sales person asked my computer code when I place the order last week. He also explained, they had just found out about the new computer code (which mine is), and my chip wouldn't be ready till later this week because of the new computer code released by Ford and the new software has to be written for this new code.
I just talked to UPR about this post, and your right, UPR has read it and responsed privately to Z06_2002 via e-mail.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Well in the month or more that I have been reading these forums I have not heard a good word one about UPR. Sounds like they have one guy running around doing damage control and the rest of the company keeps him employed.

It is one thing to stand by your product... it is another if you can't EVER get it right the first time.

There are certainly plenty of other places to go get things for these cars.

:loser:

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Good info guys! I was about to purchase the Venom kit from them. I guess I'll be looking elsewhere... Thanks for saving my ass with all the troubles I was about to go through.... :thumbsup:

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
I have been ordering from them since I purchased the 03 and have had some small issues, but they have taken care of everyone of them...... I'm happy ...... Ask for Tim when you call. There CAI is awesome

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Thanks everyone for the support. I have received an email from UPR, they do appear they are interested in making it right.

Silver 03 Cobra

I had a bad time with a salesperson at UPR and I posted about it several weeks ago. I also emailed UPR that I was pissed and that I ended up not ordering from them because of this persons attitude. I was emailed back by the owner and he was very nice and said that the salesman was part time and that he'd talked to him before about his attitude and said he was temporary anyway. Makes me wonder now. The owner seems to be a nice dude but he has to realize a quality product also means a good service.

King Cobra 03

Established Member
well up till this whole thing happend with the inserts i WAS thinking about getting a venom kit, but how they acted over a $40.00, item i'll spend my $1300.00 else where:uh oh:

Last edited:

f4sfed

Established Member
Originally posted by Z06_2002
<snip>Now my car sits and waits because it probably is not wise to drive with the 2.93 pulley and no chip.

I wouldn't worry about not having the chip yet, with the 2.93 pulley. Here's a link to a thread wity my dyno sheet, with only the pulley and air filter done. No chip, no exhaust. Look at the before and after A/F ratio's.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11347

BTW, red is stock (down to the silencer), blue is air filter and pulley only. Oh yea... that's a 65 rwhp gain you're seein'. :) Trust me, you'll LIKE it. :)

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
f4sfed, great #'s! Now that I have the computer out on the floorboard and 2 hours invested in cleaning the contacts I guess I will just let it wait. I have other transportation. Thanks for the advice on the chip.

Silver03Snake, I think we ran into the same guy on the phone. :)

bender460

Established Member
That is how the Dynomax kit is shiped ( the two equal lenth pipes) you must not have recieved directions with it. Thats too bad about UPR hope they make it right. Good products are only the half of it.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I have other transportation.

Yeah, that's the understatement of the YEAR! :beer:
hreotherside.jpe

And you could drive with the 2.93 without the chip,
but as you mentioned, why put it back together when
it's going to come right back out.

For some reason, I thought you had the Magnaflow CB?

Hey, I think I see your chip from here... smile... Patience!

upr.jpg

COUNTDOWN UNTIL PICTURE IS REMOVED. One, two, three,
smile

Mac...

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Re: Re: Can you believe this?

Originally posted by f4sfed
I wouldn't worry about not having the chip yet, with the 2.93 pulley. Here's a link to a thread wity my dyno sheet, with only the pulley and air filter done. No chip, no exhaust. Look at the before and after A/F ratio's.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11347

BTW, red is stock (down to the silencer), blue is air filter and pulley only. Oh yea... that's a 65 rwhp gain you're seein'. :) Trust me, you'll LIKE it. :)

f4sfed,

Not to be a killjoy but your air/fuel ratios are dangerously lean after the pulley. You do realize that you are running over 14:1 up to 4000rpm and 13:1 up to 4500rpm. After that, the air/fuel is okay but up to 4500rpm........ :nono:

Basically, if you chose to run your car with increased boost, make sure that you get a safe tune. Your air/fuel ratio being that lean without a chip could result in reduced longevity of your engine.

Best of luck with your tune,

MJ

Users who are viewing this thread