Can the new Bronco stack up against the Jeep Wrangler?

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1652876

Post up your rigs. I just sold my xj earlier this year. Mine is the orange one in the rear.

Haven’t taken the 4runner on any good trails. The Taco has served me well. I’ve done more technical stuff but I don’t usually take pictures there...

F6E1F604-8475-4541-A61D-30EB7E4FFBBE.jpeg
196E008B-9ED3-4CA4-94FE-097660904C5A.jpeg
D5498181-822E-4DBF-9F90-3E30FAEBFE1F.jpeg
30CA7F4E-A0DD-42D9-9FD7-55B3485282FD.jpeg
498300F3-0CB7-4F7B-8016-3483A87AA371.jpeg
C2616C53-9EB8-4F47-9308-A1F5D3C522FD.jpeg

Honestly like them too, I considered one but they just don't really do anything well and when I looked at some pre owned (2015-2017) they all looked like they were falling apart so I just didn't bother looking any harder. If I were going to go midsize it would be the Canyon/Colorado.

thats odd. Tacomas are the most reliable and best aging midsize truck in the market by far. Canyon and Colorados are a joke compared to it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
This is a quick video I found and it shows the lack of articulation you get with IFS. There’s a handful of examples just in the first 5 minutes.

Ill take a look at the video, im sure it will be informative

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Can’t stand that guy. He talks to much with little video or comparisons.

That’s not what the wrangler faithful say. Then again, to get anywhere they need to add a 6+ long arm suspension.

Too bad the ranger looks like crap!

A matter of opinion, i actually had one as a loaner from ford for a week, i actually liked it. Didnt do anything crazy to compare. But as far as power, ride quality, and inside comfort it kicks the crap out of the Tacoma

john11gt

Established Member
Haven’t taken the 4runner on any good trails. The Taco has served me well. I’ve done more technical stuff but I don’t usually take pictures there...

View attachment 1652881 View attachment 1652882 View attachment 1652883 View attachment 1652884 View attachment 1652885 View attachment 1652886

thats odd. Tacomas are the most reliable and best aging midsize truck in the market by far. Canyon and Colorados are a joke compared to it.

Those are nice rigs, I would be waaay to ****ing scared about smashing them up off-road lol.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
A matter of opinion, i actually had one as a loaner from ford for a week, i actually liked it. Didnt do anything crazy to compare. But as far as power, ride quality, and inside comfort it kicks the crap out of the Tacoma

Tacoma kicks Ranger in the teeth. The only way a Ranger will be better for you is if you are a senior citizen or don’t use it off road at all.

john11gt

Established Member
you should also consider this vid. Stock Tacoma with a display of what the IFS can do.

That video shows, at least to me, why ifs sucks. There just isn’t any articulation.

Moab is almost cheating because all the rocks there are like sand paper lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Those are nice rigs, I would be waaay to ****ing scared about smashing them up off-road lol.

I already have some small scars on the Taco, it’s part of the game. I have actually thought about picking up an XJ. Love those heels as well. So good looking.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
That video shows, at least to me, why ifs sucks. There just isn’t any articulation.

Moab is almost cheating because all the rocks there are like sand paper lol

I mean, it definitely won’t be like a built solid axle but you can make a decent articulating ISF. Will just take a bit more coin.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Tacoma kicks Ranger in the teeth. The only way a Ranger will be better for you is if you are a senior citizen or don’t use it off road at all.

Not from the videos i have seen stock for stock.

john11gt

Established Member
I mean, it definitely won’t be like a built solid axle but you can make a decent articulating ISF. Will just take a bit more coin.

You’re right, all it will take is money
I already have some small scars on the Taco, it’s part of the game. I have actually thought about picking up an XJ. Love those heels as well. So good looking.

I’m wanting to pick up another rig since I sold mine. Mine was setup more for the Midwest stuff where I was at, mostly muddy rutted out trails with some hills and off camber stuff.

I really noticed how not ideal it was when I moved to the PNW and wheeled with those guys. I hung with them with no issues but I could definitely see what needed to be changed with my rig.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
A new ranger fx4 ,

Ive driven Tacomas have 2 buddies with them, 1 is manual other is an auto. Not impressed at all with them.
I don’t like the rounded front end. I was for a new ranger as long as it did not look like the world ranger. It looks like the world ranger because ford took the half assed route.

Never drive one because of it. It it looked like a small 2017-2020 250 it would be badass!

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I don’t like the rounded front end. I was for a new ranger as long as it did not look like the world ranger. It looks like the world ranger because ford took the half assed route.

Never drive one because of it. It it looked like a small 2017-2020 250 it would be badass!

The ranger gets alot of mixed opinions on looks. Some like it, some dont. But essentially looks is always a matter of opinion.

blk02edge

Established Member
odd. Tacomas are the most reliable and best aging midsize truck in the market by far. Canyon and Colorados are a joke compared to it.
Meh, you are just biased. Around here where we get winter the Toyota's don't fare too well, time and time again I see Toyotas with issues like any other truck but it's always some kind of weird denial from the owners. I've never had a single issue with any Ford vehicle I've owned, guess they are also 100% reliable

O3dsg

Established Member
Glad to see the bronco add another name in the game my family is a die hard jeep family but are leaving them due to reliability... I have always been the black sheep and driven Toyota 4x4's but know their limitations with that being said it would be nice to see another serious mid size competitor.... The Tacoma in the picture below is under a bit of construction since this picture was taken ;) .... The turdrunner has seen a ton of action since we built it in 2014 and it's been flat bedded one time after it met a big azz rock at speed. lol .. All in all I have been super happy with my Yotas but I am glad to see Ford get in the IFS 4x4 game as it's nice to see another future option. :)
t-C.jpg

After some high speed fun...
FLB.jpg

You are not having fun till something breaks lol...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread