Can someone help me with belt sizes with alternator pulleys?

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
I'm swapping in a new alt with a 3.2 pulley, I am currently running the stock lower.

What belt size do I need? I'm currently running a gates 74.5" with my 2.76 and 4 BF idler setup.

Thanks

:beer:

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
SickBlackMach said:
why are you changing the alt pulley? I thought you only needed to do that if you did the lower pulley?

I will change it in the near future, I just got the 3.2 cuz it seems some PA Alts are failing with the stock pulley and they recommend at least a 3.2.

96BlackSnake

I Am The Chosen One
Established Member
dougwg said:
try your stock belt 751 and if not that then a 755 should work

I don't have the stock belt and I told my shop to order a 65, I'll have to contact them and see if they already ordered it or not. If they did, I'll see what happens with that and whether I need to go shorter or longer.

Thanks for the response though :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at my Belt Selection Guide it would appear that Doug's suggested size would work better than the size (K080765) shown on my Guide. I have been increasingly concerned that some recommendations shown on my Guide (provided by well meaning people) are not accurate. In the best interests of all, I am going to study the sizes over the next day or two and delete any I am not comfortable with. I wish there was a way I could publish a 100% accurate Guide but as the applications increase it becomes more and more difficult. And I hate seeing someone pay money for the wrong belt. :(

Users who are viewing this thread