Can my Procharger do more?

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
update: I've been talking to DTP Racing down here and they seem like some good guys. I called ATI and confirmed the swap out and he recommended I get 60lb injectors and have it retuned obviously but didn't mention the 8-rib. I'm thinking real hard about this swap actually.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
So finally did the 8-rib swap and got a re-tune since she was running real weird which I had covered in a previous thread. New tune was upped in the timing but only made another 5rwhp from the previous tune in 2002. Had some issues with the MAF being unstable so I bought a new SCT 3000 MAF and since the fuel system was pretty maxed I bought a return style kit from Glenns with tank that has yet to go in and its still not running properly. I decided to call my F150 mechanic/tuner and I decided we need to get a real good look at this motor, compression test, quick teardown, fuel system, tune the whole dang process. Thing that got me was that he said the older P1SC really didn't make that much power and if I was already making 450rwhp she just can't muster up any more airflow and spinning her faster creates more heat than anything. My P1SC was built in Nov 2002 so maybe there is a difference from then and now but I'm sure there's people on where who make more than 450rwhp with a older style P1SC. Just curious to how much power the older P1SC guys are making...

Last edited:

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
Upgrade to the D1SC. If you want more power honestly thats the way you will have to go.

ultimately that will happen but I'm just curious what numbers people are pulling with the P1SC. My unit is from 2002 so I don't think it's worth attempting the D1SC upgrade, might has well spend the extra $1K and get a brand new D1SC directly from ATI or find a cheaper used one. Don't have the cash right now for that though, been to busy spending it on other things for the ride.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I wouldn't run the P1SC any harder then. Just wait to upgrade to the D1SC. Honestly I haven't seen many people over 500rwhp with the P1SC. P1SC=400-500rwhp. D1SC=500-600rwhp. F1A=600-700+RWHP. F2M=INSANITY. Atleast from what I've seen.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
thanks for the info. Not sure how ATI claims on their charts that the P1SC max hp is 825hp. That's a stretch even for crank hp ratings let alone rwhp power.

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
found this on another forum. Supposedly these guys take Prochargers and all other kinds of blowers and rebuild them. Said in the thread they put 22 blade impellers in the units than ATI's 16. Tried to call but got no answer. Maybe instead of getting a D1SC with a stock impeller I can have them upgarde the P1SC to have a bigger 22 impeller rather then buy a new D1SC I new.

Supercharger Rebuild Services from Embree Machine at the The High Speed Lab, Eaton, MINI Cooper S R53, Powerdyne, Kenne Bell & Whipple Supercharger Rebuild Services & Supercharger Kits

Last edited:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I would just sell the P1SC and upgrade to the D1SC. By selling your blower you will recoupe some of the costs. I have not heard of replacing the 16 ATI blades with 22 blades. Not sure I would want to **** with a blower that ATI did and does a shit load of R&R with. IDK. Maybe it would be worth it. How many blades do the Vortech units run?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Upgrade to the D1SC. If you want more power honestly thats the way you will have to go.

While I don't disagree that the next step towards more power is the D1SC and an upgraded fuel system, I still think there's more power to be had from the P1SC.

Any idea if the belt is slipping at all? I have a blower brace, and still have big issues with belt slippage. I think that if the belt slippage can be addressed, you'll get much more power out of it.

There's a new company that just came out with no-slip pulleys for centri blowers. they have a textured surface that gives the belt something to grip. I'd like to see a test to see how much difference it makes.

Homer

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
While I don't disagree that the next step towards more power is the D1SC and an upgraded fuel system, I still think there's more power to be had from the P1SC.

Any idea if the belt is slipping at all? I have a blower brace, and still have big issues with belt slippage. I think that if the belt slippage can be addressed, you'll get much more power out of it.

There's a new company that just came out with no-slip pulleys for centri blowers. they have a textured surface that gives the belt something to grip. I'd like to see a test to see how much difference it makes.

Homer

well I upgraded to a 8-rib setup and bought the Reichard Racing pulley since I didn't know anybetter so I hope there isn't! If anything it should be eating belts. I'll find out more when my mechanic/tuner gets in there and works his magic Oct 22/23rd.

Users who are viewing this thread