Can my 100000mi cobra do it

im-1

Established Member
Hi guys

I'm planing to get 2.3 Whipple to my 03 cobra my target 550+ rwhp and it will cost around 5000$ with the fuel system , kc , head cooling and clutch from lethal so I'm thinking that can my 100000mi cobra hold 550whp :??:

My current mod

Upper 2.7 with idler kit
Accufab tb
Full bassani Exhaust
C&l cai
Fluidyne H/E
Lfp intercooler chiller

With thanks and assess in advance:)

Last edited:

zeusha

Established Member
It's hard to say with a motor that each one is different as in the build. My buddies nearly ALL have had different dyno results with identical dyno in stock form, some results may seem freakish. My one buddy bolted up a 2.3 whipple with 87k on the clock. No issues and he BEATS this thing. This is testament to the strength of this particular engine not to say that ALL other cobras will get this result.

cbr repsol

Established Member
im at 75k with my 2.3 at 552 rwhp and i smash on her all the time...Gonna turn it up even more in 3 months. So i say yes you will be fine as long as its not having any issues as of yet.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
The answer is within your 100k mile motor. No one here can tell you for sure. Get the motor leakdown/compression checked before you go investing a dime on a whipple, thats the best investment you can make at this point.

snakebite2003

Established Member
Like they said. Each car is different... Get a compression check to be sure. But IMO the car will be fine. I've owned a few higher mileage cobras around that power number. Just make sure you get a good tune and stay on top of your maintenance, and it should live a long time.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The answer is within your 100k mile motor. No one here can tell you for sure. Get the motor leakdown/compression checked before you go investing a dime on a whipple, thats the best investment you can make at this point.

This.:rockon::beer:

Get a leak down test done first, that will tell you how healthy your pistons, rings and your cylinder seal currently is.

Users who are viewing this thread