can i get some help deciding what guages to buy....

03DarkShadow

Established Member
My dilema is that i am try to decide what gauges to get to go along w/ my boost and water temp gauges. I am definately getting a fuel pressure gauge but im undecided on the other(s).
Should i get 2 EGT gauges (one for each bank) or Install the wideband 02 w/ readout i have and just get an oil pressure gauge? Or is there aonther gauge any of you would recommend besides those? Thanks

BBriBro

Established Member
I also bought an oil temp gauge (was just kinda curious) and an oil pressure gauge. The factory oil pressure gauge is no better than an idiot light, It will point at 12 o'clock if the oil pressure is anything over like 6 psi, and won't move, so it's pretty much useless. My autometer shows about 85-90 psi on a cold start, then 20-25 warmed up at idle, and about 70 psi cruising at about 2000 RPM. The boost is a given, fuel pressure is nice, I wouldn't mind having a water temp gauge, but have no place to put it. Since the factory water temp gauge does actually move proportionately to temp, I figured it was somewhat better than the factory oil pressure, which is either at zero, or straight up.

interior1.JPG

03DarkShadow

Established Member
I do have the Lunars. hehehe

BBriBro, Did the oil pressure gauge come w/ the correct adapter fitting to install it? Where did you install the sender for the gauge?
Your setup is awesome BTW.

BBriBro

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DarkShadow
I do have the Lunars. hehehe

BBriBro, Did the oil pressure gauge come w/ the correct adapter fitting to install it? Where did you install the sender for the gauge?
Your setup is awesome BTW.
CLICK HERE for pics of the install. The factory threads at the oil filter housing are 1/4 NPT, the autometer sender was 1/8 NPT, so it required a 1/8-1/4 adapter, available at any local auto parts store. (maybe not autozone, but NAPA or KOI, or similar)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I went with the boost and fuel pressure gauges, but mine are installed on the A-pillar.

03DarkShadow

Established Member
i already have boost and water temp on the dash cluster. im gonna add these on the pillar. BTW where can i get the full pillar pod from?

Scobra03

Established Member
well i installed a water temp gauge and oil pressure...i wanted to know the water temp and oil pressure...i think they important..heres the pic of the piller pod i used, i bought it at vic hubberds auto...

Users who are viewing this thread