Can GT H-pipe fit on Cobra??

cjguiles

Established Member
Will a 96-98 GT stock H-pipe fit on the 96-98 Cobra? If not, any modifications I can do to make it fit??

SVTPower97

she's broken :(
Established Member
yeah absolutely no difference in them...same everything...only thing different about exhaust is headers from gt to cobra mid pipe and cat back are the same

cjguiles

Established Member
For those stating yes, have you physically seen it done before? I only ask as the tranny cross member is located differently on the cars (T-45 has diff tail shaft on GT and Cobra)

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
For those stating yes, have you physically seen it done before? I only ask as the tranny cross member is located differently on the cars (T-45 has diff tail shaft on GT and Cobra)

When I try to install a Cobra 4.6 h-pipe on a GT 4.6...it bolted on fine but the transmission crossmeber is a different loacation so the hangers would not bolt up. That wasn't really the main issue...the rear O2 sensor bungs was right below the cross member preventing usage of the rear O2 sensors. I don't really don't know if you would have the same issue using a GT mid pipe on a Cobra but one thing for sure the cross member is in a different location.

Users who are viewing this thread