can anyone look at this pic so I can crank my car today?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
I've called Hellion ,no one that knows vacuum is available, I posted this on power-adder forum couple hrs ago and 97 views later I get 1 response. I have a Hellion TT installed, ready to crank, took off work today so that I could crank it, been waiting 4 hours on a return phone call to confirm or deny my vacuum theory/drawing , I ...need...help...please....

Last edited:

BigmotoXer

Established Member
20160315_121512.jpg

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Forgive me for the caveman drawing, I've sent this picture around the U.S.A. ,I've called everyone that 'should' be able to help me, 4 hrs later I'm about to snap, can someone please help make sense of this?

stang910

Established Member
There's more than one way to control the wastegates and the way you want to set yours up will work. As for the top port on the wastegate you leave those vented in that setup. Hope that helps answer your question.

5lho

Established Member

This does look like it'll work but, I'd say it's very crude for controlling boost here. MBC are fine for older turbo cars but, with an engine this sophisticated, you'll get a way more driveable and tuneable setup by going electronic.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I agree that MBCs work, but it's definitely not optimal. I'm running a hallman MBC on my car and turning up the boost is a guessing game. I should have just spent the money on an eboost.
As for some of the pictures you've seen that have vacuum lines hooked to the top port of the wastegates...alot of guys will connect a vacuum line to the top and then leave the other side of that line vented just to help keep crap out of the wastegates

Last edited:

BigmotoXer

Established Member
Thanks guys. And yes I'm going to go electronic/digital...but with the TT kit and new clutch and pretty much new everything else I'm holding off for a few months. But I need to data-log so I need to crank it with confidence so that's why I'm asking. If anyone knows of a better way please let me know?

BigmotoXer

Established Member
UPDATE: I've been up and running since contacting Turbosmart, I thought I would post on the conclusion incase in the future someone is stumped on the vacuum/boost connections using "in-cabin" MBC.
The picture above is correct EXCEPT for the line going between the motor and the MBC is NOT suppose to be there!(So I put "X's" on that line/hose).
The upper left corner of the pic are 3 questions, the answer to those questions are as follows=
Answer to #1 = Yes leave open to port(they do not connect anywhere)
Answer to #2 = Yes, and Yes
Answer to #3 = Yes(because 1st pic is incorrect, no connection between MBC and motor)

20160320_100159.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread