Can anyone help tap my oil pan?

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I'm roughly 85% done with my NOVI 2000 install and am too much of a vagina to drill into my own oil pan. I'll cut into all kinds of things in the engine bay, but the oil pan terrifies me. Case of beer of your choice on me lol

CleanMach094.jpg

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Do you have a tubular front end? If so is it possible to get the motor up high enough to get the pan off? That would your best and safest way, that way you can make sure all the chips are gone.

Good luck.

TRBO VNM

give me a call. I just pulled a pan with stock K and tranny in tact. I know tapping pans has been done for a long time now, but I typically always pull the pans for my customers cars and mine to weld the fittings in.

if you have a trailer and can get it over here, we can do it on my lift. if not and you just want to punch and tap it, I have done that before as well if that is all the customer wants. very easy to do and I have the punch and tap here.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I don't have access to a trailer and the car does not run yet. I'm just going to attempt it today or tomorrow on my own. Wish me luck. I will probably weld it anyway just to be sure.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
give me a call. I just pulled a pan with stock K and tranny in tact. I know tapping pans has been done for a long time now, but I typically always pull the pans for my customers cars and mine to weld the fittings in.

if you have a trailer and can get it over here, we can do it on my lift. if not and you just want to punch and tap it, I have done that before as well if that is all the customer wants. very easy to do and I have the punch and tap here.

Any secret to getting the pan off you want to share? Just doesn't look possible to me!

TRBO VNM

Any secret to getting the pan off you want to share? Just doesn't look possible to me!

should have just called me. I was in the garage all day.

you basically have to lower the kmember and jack up the motor. I do this on my 4 post lift and don't remove any of the front suspension or wheels. you don't pull the kmembe bolts all the way out. you still leave them threaded in the nuts.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Turned out just fine with the pan... everything on the other hand went not so great tonight. I didn't have the pullies lined up perfectly so the belt was jumping up and down on the alternator. I pulled the blower off and used a different spacer on the input shaft of the blower and now it's lined up perfectly... the only problem now is the car can't hold an idle for more than a second and shuts off. It DID idle when the belt was slipping though. I only have a video of when the pullies weren't lined up. Forgive the poor video. Apparently the IT guys just turned off the rights to use movie maker on our laptops so I can't edit it. Just the raw video here...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQHkccyNpvg"]YouTube - SC trials on the Mach[/ame]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread