Can anyone explain this set up????

Digital

Established Member
Funny how no one has gone in the massive compound thread in the turbo forums and talked any crap. Good to know the feelings of the public outside of my build thread and when I'm not posting super car and bike kill threads.

Why rag on the car cus of dirty pics? Because I didn't wash the car before hand and it has open oil breathers? Because there are grind marks where the frame was cut and it doesnt bother me to the point of adding rubber molding to it?
I'd love any of you who actually drive your cars daily to take a pic of the engine bay.
Like I said it's good to know the real opinion of the haters.

058-1.jpg

060-1.jpg

074-1.jpg

066-1.jpg

Ya It's a real piece of crap :rolleyes: Ignorance must be bliss to so many.

P.S. OP I didn't hear you saying anything to me at towers who ever you are, were you in one of the huge groups of people that stand in awe at my car with camera phones clicking?

I'll remember to wash my daily driver outside, under carriage, and engine bay for all the nut swingers next time. Considering I go to hang out with friends and not appease my fans normally you can see how I would neglect that.

OP, You talk a lot of crap but you just have an amazingly perfect engine bay.. rofl.. nice pullied eaton champ, you're hard.
"476 rwhp 484rwtq not too clean but hope you guys like it" <-- Aint it the truth.
100_0587.jpg

Last edited:

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
oh dear god please let this thread get epic!

And if that turbo car makes 800 hp...I dont care how the engine bay looks...its must rape cars.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Digital, is the cutting into the federwell necessary for that turbo to fit, or is there some other way to mount it? I would love a compound boost setup, but would never consider hacking into the car like that.

thanks, Brian

Digital

Established Member
Digital, is the cutting into the federwell necessary for that turbo to fit, or is there some other way to mount it? I would love a compound boost setup, but would never consider hacking into the car like that.

thanks, Brian

There are many ways to mount a turbo, that was just the way the idiot who first made the setup choose to do it. When I put the 78 in I hacked more then needed cuz moving the turbo around in there is hard, with a turbo blanket it'll actually fit snug inside the hole.

A "easier" way to do it with a air to air intercooler is to mount it in the single location infront of the engine sideways and then run the piping to the eaton.
My turbo doesnt use a intercooler though so wasnt a real need to mount it there.

The frame has plenty of bracing in that location and it isnt as bad as it appears in pictures. I essentially just made the airbox hole bigger.

Like I said earlier it doesn't bother me having it like that, nor do I wash the car or engine bay that often, usually once every week or two.
It's my only car and a daily so it sees miles and I don't honestly have the patience to baby the crap out of it every time a spec of dirt hits it.

Last edited:

kingcobra10

SVT God... Snarf
Established Member
can't argue with the performance but i would rather make the engine bay look good as well. nice car though digital!

black 10th vert

Established Member
There are many ways to mount a turbo, that was just the way the idiot who first made the setup choose to do it. When I put the 78 in I hacked more then needed cuz moving the turbo around in there is hard, with a turbo blanket it'll actually fit snug inside the hole.

A "easier" way to do it with a air to air intercooler is to mount it in the single location infront of the engine sideways and then run the piping to the eaton.
My turbo doesnt use a intercooler though so wasnt a real need to mount it there.

The frame has plenty of bracing in that location and it isnt as bad as it appears in pictures. I essentially just made the airbox hole bigger.

Like I said earlier it doesn't bother me having it like that, nor do I wash the car or engine bay that often, usually once every week or two.
It's my only car and a daily so it sees miles and I don't honestly have the patience to baby the crap out of it every time a spec of dirt hits it.

Thanks for the explanation. I think that it is certainly a badass setup, but if I were to do something like that, I would just want to do it without cutting up the engine bay, so that I could restore the car back to stock if I decided to at some point. I do think that a blanket/cover in your case would help a lot to fill that hole in the side, and make it look a bit better, since the cut is already there. You could also use some black clip on edge molding to cover the rough edges of the opening. ;-)

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
this is kinda like that thread where everyone was ****in on a trans am with "cobra eatr" plates...then they found out it belongs to a members friend and it was cammed and ran 11's.

threads like this are why SVTP= WIN

digital, nice car

Digital

Established Member
I got a search going out on him on the local forums to find who he is and contact him to settle this shit out. It's in the works, no worrys.

The car can see 800 on race gas and low 20s boost. But I never do since race gas isnt exactly ideal for a daily. Meth is also on hold so it never sees that power. The setup on the car is good for 1000rwhp but me thinks the engine wouldnt take that without a rebuild.
On the street it's around 700 depending on if it's a 1000 degree florida day or a 70* night lol.

Last edited:

Aereon

Established Member
Lols at how everyone stops their crap talk when a pic of a clean engine bay appears. to the owner nice setup, wish I could turbo (Stupid nazifornia)

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Cool car. Why did you go compound boost instead of just the turbo? With the blower in place, why do you need to brake boost it on those roll runs? I thought the whole purpose of having a compound boost set up was the combination of the instant hit of torque from the blower with the top end pull (more or less) of the turbo?

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
Props on power, but the engine bay looks like shit. Maybe spend a little time under there cleaning the cuts up and such. Just a few hours could go along way, but im always thinking car show and now always function.

The car looks great on the outside, very sinister.

Digital

Established Member
Cool car. Why did you go compound boost instead of just the turbo? With the blower in place, why do you need to brake boost it on those roll runs? I thought the whole purpose of having a compound boost set up was the combination of the instant hit of torque from the blower with the top end pull (more or less) of the turbo?
It was kinda a spur of the moment choice.

I need to brake boost because the car will do 60mph in 1st gear, and in 2nd it will spin the mickeys, it barelly hooks up in 3rd at a low rpm. So I brake boost to get into turbo boost before normal spool time. I'd need to be doing like 80-100mph in 3rd atleast to be at my turbos spool point of 3400rpm.

At this point the supercharger just reduces the turbos spool time. The low end grunt stuff is really pointless cuz the car spools so fast that 1st and 2nd are pointless for traction on the street unless I drop my mickeys to like 12psi for a 60 roll in 2nd, even then I dunno if it would hold.
Most people don't want to hear that you want to start the roll from 100-120. Which is why I normally play catch up and blow past them as I shift into 4th.
I don't trust the mickeys very much at that low of psi at the high speeds I normally run up to.

Props on power, but the engine bay looks like shit. Maybe spend a little time under there cleaning the cuts up and such. Just a few hours could go along way, but im always thinking car show and now always function.

The car looks great on the outside, very sinister.
Ya, that's the thing man. I do most of the work on the car and I eventually just stop caring about the little stuff. Doesnt really bother me that much. Is it on my list of things to do? Sure. But on the bottom.

Last edited:

Dominion

I'm your Huckleberry..
Established Member
I

Ya, that's the thing man. I do most of the work on the car and I eventually just stop caring about the little stuff. Doesnt really bother me that much. Is it on my list of things to do? Sure. But on the bottom.

If i had 800HP it would be last on my to do list as well. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread