Can anyone explain this set up????

OxfordSnake03

Established Member
I was last good friday at a car meet on Ft. Lauderdale and spotted a black 03 cobra with this set up.The owner claims that he is making over 800 rwhp. As I look at the engine I did not saw any connection between the turbo and the exhaust manifolds,no large intercooler,it simply did not make any sense.What you guys think?

passenger side
DSC00684.jpg

drivers side
DSC00685.jpg

Fat-cat

Established Member
looks like that car is a giant hunk of shit .. cut look like crap. I dont even know if that turbo is connected.. He stained the valve covers and coil cover with oil.. ect. I would make fun of him

Common

Established Member
That setup is called "The Turd" by "Backyard Mechanics". It's put together fairly easy, all you need is a sawzall from Home Depot, crayons and some sheetrock screws!

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Holy crap that car is nasty. It looks like he had the turbo kit installed at pep boys.

OxfordSnake03

Established Member
My point is the turbo and the supercharger at the same time, also he uses the stock eaton and it even have the stock throtle body!!! What a waste of a great car and money.Simply a good twin screw or a turbo set up would be the way to go when the recepies for this cars are widely known since 03-04.
And about the 800 hp I have my doubts.

F8L BYT

Established Member
My point is the turbo and the supercharger at the same time, also he uses the stock eaton and it even have the stock throtle body!!! What a waste of a great car and money.Simply a good twin screw or a turbo set up would be the way to go when the recepies for this cars are widely known since 03-04.

Umm if he has it hooked up and has the fuel there than i wouldnt doubt 800hp at all because im positive he is making that

CobraMac

Established Member

Well if you read about compound setups you would know that they are very efficient and that they use the eaton supercharger. They make a shit ton of power too. The Hellion Hellraiser compound setup easily makes 1000rwhp. Do some research and you'll learn a little more about it.

VNGNCE908

VNGNCE
Established Member
turbo + eaton=compound boost set ups. The intercooler used is the one under the eaton.

monX

Established Member
way to ruin the car...:nonono:

Last edited:

tommygun

Established Member
not everyone cares if their car is dirty, some people just care of it performs.

Its not the best set up but it is functional

Users who are viewing this thread