Can Anybody Confirm This BS

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
From Stangnet

Yesterday's broadcast from Ford had information about bunch of new models and line ups for 07 , and they took 1 minute to mention this about Shelby:

" 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 production will start early June for a late July release. EVERY Ford-dealer gets at least ONE unit. Dealers with PRESIDENTS award get a SECOND one. That's the plan for the "first batch". Total production units 7500. Exact price still unknown, but somewhere around mid 40's "

So now finally there is actual info from Ford to dealers. And NO INDICATION that Ford wants any dealers to sell them in any kind of auction, like some people suggested here.

As soon as I hear any news I will keep you all updated unless someone else beats me to it!

peace

mrGT

Established Member
needspeed said:
From Stangnet

Yesterday's broadcast from Ford had information about bunch of new models and line ups for 07 , and they took 1 minute to mention this about Shelby:

" 2007 Mustang Shelby GT500 production will start early June for a late July release. EVERY Ford-dealer gets at least ONE unit. Dealers with PRESIDENTS award get a SECOND one. That's the plan for the "first batch". Total production units 7500. Exact price still unknown, but somewhere around mid 40's "

So now finally there is actual info from Ford to dealers. And NO INDICATION that Ford wants any dealers to sell them in any kind of auction, like some people suggested here.

As soon as I hear any news I will keep you all updated unless someone else beats me to it!

peace

If that price holds, I wonder how many people will be buying? There's already been plenty of posts saying the Shelby isn't worth $40K.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I am more concerned that if Ford does this, then dealers will only get a couple at best. This will drive price up all over the place since each dealer has nothing to loose getting only a car or two. Plus I think it really screws over SVT dealers that have been paying for the right to be SVT dealers and having nothing to sell for two years.......Steve

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
needspeed said:
...EVERY Ford-dealer gets at least ONE unit. Dealers with PRESIDENTS award get a SECOND one. That's the plan for the "first batch". Total production units 7500...

The numbers just do not add up. :shrug:

There are 13,000 Ford Dealers world wide with 340 that hold the Presidents Award credential. Based soley on the quoted statement...that would mean production would HAVE to be 13,340 units the first year if they were to fill that expectation.

If they are only considering North American Dealers (4600) plus Prez. Award Dealers...the numbers are still fuzzy at 4940 units. :dw:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Snakebite said:
The numbers just do not add up. :shrug:

There are 13,000 Ford Dealers world wide with 340 that hold the Presidents Award credential. Based soley on the quoted statement...that would mean production would HAVE to be 13,340 units the first year if they were to fill that expectation.

If they are only considering North American Dealers (4600) plus Prez. Award Dealers...the numbers are still fuzzy at 4940 units. :dw:

The post said that each dealer would get at least 1 plus 1 for Pres winners so that leaves 2500 for further allocation. I expect Canada to get a share so that would take away some more.....Steve

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
needspeed said:
The post said that each dealer would get at least 1 plus 1 for Pres winners so that leaves 2500 for further allocation. I expect Canada to get a share so that would take away some more.....Steve

Canada is included in the 4600 North American Dealers. The numbers still don't add up.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
My $0.02

mrGT said:
If that price holds, I wonder how many people will be buying? There's already been plenty of posts saying the Shelby isn't worth $40K.

Yes, people have said that the Shelby isn't worth $40K, but you have to understand, that is simply an opinion. Besides, know one knows until it is on paper.

What most can't seem to understand is that the name Shelby has alot to do with this car and it's performance. SVT in the past has wanted to produce a car, a mustang with more than 390hp in what was produced from the 03/04 Cobra's. But again, it takes someone like Mr. Shelby to show interest and Ford is simply looking to sell this car and make a statement to other car manufacturers, not so much the customer.

The 03/04 Cobras didn't sell like Ford thought they would. I have a pic. in my slideshow of over six 04 Cobra's on a dealers lot advertised $500 under sticker and was giving A-plan on top. They were also offering 0% financing. People have forgotten about this.

Besides, 475 hp for under $50K is a deal in the manufactures world. And this is were Ford is trying to make there statement, not so much the customer. (They know the Shelby will sell.) And more is to come with all of the restructuring Ford is doing within. We are lucky that SVT still exist.

SVT has lost there flame due to price gouging from some SVT dealers. And one SVT dealer in St.Louis, is a prime example were they placed a $75,000 markup on a Ford GT. And $10,000 markups on the 04 Mystichrome Cobra's.

The deal with the $75,000 markup is in litigation because they signed a contract to sell at sticker, then swith-a-roo. And the buyer is a lawyer.

Every Ford dealer I have contacted in the IL-MO area knows of this case, and Ford big-wigs in Detroit know as well.

It is only fare to all Ford dealers that they all get a chance to sell a piece of history. And I can see the production numbers getting smaller than larger than 10,000 a year. So if you heard 7500 units, then understand, Ford has had there hand on there chins for a while.

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Guys, c'mon, its said "in the first batch"
There will be multiple batches during the first year.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Could it be that Ford is so desperate for customers they will use this car as a fancy whore to get them into the showroom so they can get stuck buying something else?????? If they want to do that, then make a butt load of them, not just 7500. Since in the end, this will just piss off folks who would only buy Ford for this car and would not shop Ford otherwise. Heck this worked with my wife since at the time I bought my 03 Cobra I bought her a Focus and another one since.

If I don’t get the Shelby, I will never be back to Ford again. They have nothing to offer me and I do not see how this is going to help garner additional brand loyaty when customers have to fight over good product.

Same thing with the 05 Mustang GTs with markups, that car should never be marked up it gotta hurt brand loyalty. I think I have become a spoiled brat....Steve

Last edited:

Skywarp

Established Member
Remember the GT isn't around anymore so the 500 becomes the performance Halo car.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
You can't think that Ford is desperate or hurting in any way.

Of all the car manufacturers. GM is hurting the worst.

With all the changes Ford is making in the future cost big bucks and they have it.

It was a smart move for Ford to do a car with Mr. Shelby before someone else grabbed him.

TRXboy

Established Member
Considering you can buy a 300HP Infinti G35 for almost 40K, explain to me how the GT500 does not = the worth of it. Some freakin' people.

Let me guess, because its a "ford".

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
Ford Broadcast BS?????

needspeed said:
From Stangnet

peace

I happened to be in my SVT dealer yesterday.......As of Yesterday, the original allocation letter dated July 19,2005 "SVT DISTRIBUTION PLAN" is the ONLY official distribution letter....We have already seen this letter on the site......Again, according to SVT this month, 10,000 units year 1 & 2....Until you guys get confirmation of an official letter, I would consider the Broadcast "unconfirmed".....

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
Please note, I believe mid-40s is what one poster said for a Shelby. Which means 50 or better plus jack up. I dislike to many things about it to lay down that type of cash. I think the body should have looked more like the Roush. One guy compared a g35 and the gt. 1. the g35 is not 40k and certainly not 50k 2. the interior of the G is light years better than any ford. 3. Importers have no intention of sending a supa car to the US under 60k. Carrera is about the closest at 60-70k. The G35 is certainly no comparsion (in power) to the near 500hp GT500. However the G35 has alot of features no ford sports cars has seen (including the tampax).

91svtbird

Established Member
needspeed said:
I am more concerned that if Ford does this, then dealers will only get a couple at best. This will drive price up all over the place since each dealer has nothing to loose getting only a car or two. Plus I think it really screws over SVT dealers that have been paying for the right to be SVT dealers and having nothing to sell for two years.......Steve

I agree 100%, bad all the way around. Don't agree with Ford on this one.

mrGT

Established Member
Has anyone actually talked to someone close to SVT to confirm this? I'm not saying it isn't true, but I'm having real problems believing that Ford would pull such a stunt.

Users who are viewing this thread