can an 03 head replacement still be done?

Silver03Termi

Established Member
A buddy of mine just bought an 03 10th Cobra. He got it from a dealership, 17,000 miles. Beautiful car. He brought it over after taking delivery today. I looked at the head, no blue paint on the heads. Does Ford still do the recall? Or should he return the car?

mach1033

Established Member
ford will not do a replacement. Your friend also doesnt have to bring the car back. Does the engine have the tick?

GodStang

Established Member
As said above blue paint means nothing. I have no blue paint on mine and my heads were made in 2005.

ian04

Established Member
yep i went to ford when i purchesed mine 4 months back and asked them about this they looked at me like i was stupid like they didnt know what i was talken about i bought mine with 8500 miles so a month later i put a head coolling mod on and am hoping for the best i would highly recomend the cooling mod

ian04

Established Member
because it was on the power block i think the show horsepower did a o3 cobra and they talked about a recall on the driver side head if they were manufactured before a certain date and they said the new ones had a blue paint strip on the side atleast thats where i seen it

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
because it was on the power block i think the show horsepower did a o3 cobra and they talked about a recall on the driver side head if they were manufactured before a certain date and they said the new ones had a blue paint strip on the side atleast thats where i seen it

They never mentioned the word recall.
They did mention the TSB, or technical service bulletin.

Recall implies "FREE".

The blue paint mistake, just means they listened to the wrong people prepping for the show.

Last edited:

Silver03Termi

Established Member
Recall for no blue paint?:dw:

There was no recall for cylinder heads. For any reason.:nonono:

How does this stuff keep coming up after being debunked so many times?

ok, there may not have been a recall, but a TSB is what I was referencing.

Yes

They never mentioned the word recall.
They did mention the TSB, or technical service bulletin.

Recall implies "FREE".

The blue paint mistake, just means they listened to the wrong people prepping for the show.

I was too broke in 03 to buy one of these cars, did Ford not fix the affected cars for free?

What does the blue paint mean then?

GodStang

Established Member
During a FRPP show at Mustang Week a few years back the rep claimed it meant it was an updated head. So kinda funny this is suppose to be false but Ford says it is true. I think it was put there for people to ask questions.

GodStang

Established Member
Some of the so called rumors
Blue stripe means:
Just for inventory
Let builders know which is the drivers head for quick install
Means nothing
That head was an upgrade from factory
That head was replaced under TSB

And so on...

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
mine has the blue head, definetely is the updated drivers head. Had tick in my old silver car that didnt have the updated head. Can't confirm what i cost the owner before me though

Users who are viewing this thread