Can a Gen2R VMP destroy a 4.0L and 4.7L on the street?

Potro-5XR

Established Member
I saw that Badass video, my question is what is all done to the VMP? I believe it just states that it's VMP auto swapped...

sleek98

Established Member
10%/2.4, e85, headers, circle d, 6r80, weight reduction 3,600 pound car.

I think Sal is on here, its his car.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I think if the BOSS and TVS GT500 were both 6 speeds it would have been at better race for the 4.7 KB, but the TVS is a very proven supercharger and the Gen2R is nasty. I was told the TVS GT500 was a stock long block and the KB GT500 has a built motor.

TVS VERT

Established Member
Yes that Sal Oretga's car ..... our setups are identical, I'm making the switch to e-98 as we speak......people wonder why I removed my 3.6 for the new gen2r ....this is why.....well setups are almost identical my 2R is moddded with a 170 elliptical without spacer and worked over 170 elliptical

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes that Sal Oretga's car ..... our setups are identical, I'm making the switch to e-98 as we speak......people wonder why I removed my 3.6 for the new gen2r ....this is why.....well setups are almost identical my 2R is moddded with a 170 elliptical without spacer and worked over 170 elliptical
Yup, the 3.6 KB is over kill for a stock long block gt500 IMO, I truly felt my GT500 would have been faster with my ported TVS on E85.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
good god that red gt500 is an absolute monster...

If it's Sal Orgeta's car, its a 150 mph car. No wonder it put a beating on those two LOL.

awesome vid.

blitz1029

Established Member
My short block just got built. I've sold my tvs. I was thinking of doing a whipple 4.0 or KB 3.6 or higher. But after seeing this video I'm having second thoughts and going back to tvs. Unless someone has a good explanation why these big blower cars got walked by a tvs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

merkyworks

Established Member
My logic would be TVS blower makes boost instantly which is why TVS cars make more torque down low, also the TVS car is lighter. So more torque and lighter car is a tough combo to beat, then throw on top of that the auto trans and well you see the results.

CD07GT500

Klaus's Bitch
Established Member
My short block just got built. I've sold my tvs. I was thinking of doing a whipple 4.0 or KB 3.6 or higher. But after seeing this video I'm having second thoughts and going back to tvs. Unless someone has a good explanation why these big blower cars got walked by a tvs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Uh not sure if serious. Could go 2.8 2.9 3.4 3.6 4.0 etc.. All better power options especially with a decent rod/piston. Crappy setup is the answer. That's also the fastest stock

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Uh not sure if serious. Could go 2.8 2.9 3.4 3.6 4.0 etc.. All better power options especially with a decent rod/piston. Crappy setup is the answer. That's also the fastest stock
Agreed, with a built motor and the right fuel system the Big Whipples and KBs can be monsters. But for a stock long block GT500 the Gen2R is the better choice. And a good setup 6R80 swapped GT500 is going to be hard to take down with a 6 speed

Users who are viewing this thread