cams.....

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
who's running them and what brand? before/after dyno increases. got vids?

I am very close to pulling the trigger on the FRPP hot rod cams. But I know there are more out there priced comparably.

RSKtakR

Established Member
COMP.. so far ive found that 127300's give a 32hp dropping them in w/ a dyno tune, they dont lope very hard, and the thumpers (127010) give you right around 25hp drop in over your stockers but have a VERY healthy lope. even though some cams say NSR ( no springs required) get springs anyways, just to be safe. i havent pulled the trigger yet but like you im also about to. im spraying 100shot, dont plan on supercharging it.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
ive been researching cams for the past month or so...the comp cams stage 2 SPR cams seem like the best thing for a N/A car. I keep hearing people love the FRPP cams but im looking for MAX performance, not just sound. Ive decided on the comp stage 2 SPRs with VCT lockouts as soon as i get the cash.

RSKtakR

Established Member
ive been researching cams for the past month or so...the comp cams stage 2 SPR cams seem like the best thing for a N/A car. I keep hearing people love the FRPP cams but im looking for MAX performance, not just sound. Ive decided on the comp stage 2 SPRs with VCT lockouts as soon as i get the cash.

what is the # for those cams? and why use the lockouts? ive heard some bad things about the lockouts.. but that is just from 1 or 2 people. like you im also looking for MAX n/a power w/ out pulling the heads off the block, both on and off the nitrous.. im not hell bent on sound either, but if i could find a good #'s cam (over 30whp drop in and tuned) that lopes hard i sure wouldnt be upset.

THE_STIG

Established Member
I have heard great things about Thumper Cams and the Hot Rod Cams. I am planning on getting the hot rod cams and a tune. I don't care about maximum horsepower, I want a nice balanced street car.

MARKCORE

\m/ >< \m/
Established Member
<--- Comp Thumpr cams
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE85_u2URnU"]YouTube - Dayton Performance Motorsports 2006 GT Thumpr Cams[/ame]

RSKtakR

Established Member
Who has cams in their auto? That is what i am looking at![/QUOte

my car is auto w/ a 3k stall and 3:73's cams arent in yet but im doing the install myself, im going out of the country for 2 weeks and when i get back then i will be installing them, then off to the dyno. :banana:

96supersnake

Established Member
You lucky dog! That is exactly what I want to do to my car. Let us know the results and maybe some vids. Its time for the auto's to get some respect!

blkstang08

Established Member
Here is what mine sound like with JBA long tubes, o/r h-pipe and flowmasters. i put down 342 rwhp

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member
its working.. GOD i love how those sound.. i just dont want to give up the hp difference..
thumpers= 20-25hp
other cams that dont have all the lope= 30+hp gain
but im also after a good nitrous cam, the cams i got have a 480 lift w/ a 114 LSA which is WICKED for spray.. they lope pretty good from the video i heard. but damn those thumpers sound NASTY!! lol

and i also have JBA longtubes w/ o/r h-pipe and corsa's.. so mine iwll be retarded loud to.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread