Cams

98cobbe

Established Member
I heard that I won't gain much by adding cams, but I'm not too worried about huge gains in rwhp. 98 Cobra T-Trim, 2.95 s/c pulley and 7.5 crank pulley with meth. Anybody have any suggestions on where I should look? I've checked out comp cams and sean hyland, but really didn't get too much out of it. Anybody on here have cams that has a sound clip that they would share?

Toasty

Established Member
I heard that I won't gain much by adding cams, but I'm not too worried about huge gains in rwhp. 98 Cobra T-Trim, 2.95 s/c pulley and 7.5 crank pulley with meth. Anybody have any suggestions on where I should look? I've checked out comp cams and sean hyland, but really didn't get too much out of it. Anybody on here have cams that has a sound clip that they would share?

Why do you want to add cams if you're not after more power? That simply doesnt make sense. Maybe you should search for 'Chewbacca Defence' on youtube...

If you want 'mean' sound from a cam swap, I'd suggest going back to a 5.0 or 5.8 in a 94-95 or a fox platform.

98cobbe

Established Member
Why do you want to add cams if you're not after more power? That simply doesnt make sense. Maybe you should search for 'Chewbacca Defence' on youtube...

If you want 'mean' sound from a cam swap, I'd suggest going back to a 5.0 or 5.8 in a 94-95 or a fox platform.

I just said that I heard that I wouldn't gain much horsepower by adding cams and that I wasn't too worried about it ass. Maybe you shouldn't of replied if you didn't have any helpful information.

duane v

Established Member

Actually you can get 20-30 rwhp by adding a nice pair of cams.... I ran Crower regrinds for six years in my set-up (video clip).... I now have changed over to Comps.... DA snake boy!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHxctRgr58"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tHxctRgr58[/ame]

svt98snke

Established Member
Im gonna have some crower stage 3 blower cams for sale in the next few weeks, let me know if your interested..:beer:

Toasty

Established Member
I just said that I heard that I wouldn't gain much horsepower by adding cams and that I wasn't too worried about it ass. Maybe you shouldn't of replied if you didn't have any helpful information.

You will likely gain a moderate amount of power from blower cams in your combo.

Your OP sounded more like you were after a lumpy cam sound - the general consesnus in this forum seems to be that sound is probably the worst reason for wanting to install cams.

I've heard the 4.6 2V engines can get a quite lumpy sound from aftermarket cams AND make good power with the right combo. I've also read here that the 4v engines do not get as lumpy an idle due to the cams not being installed with a lot of lobe overlap.

98cobbe

Established Member
You will likely gain a moderate amount of power from blower cams in your combo.

Your OP sounded more like you were after a lumpy cam sound - the general consesnus in this forum seems to be that sound is probably the worst reason for wanting to install cams.

I've heard the 4.6 2V engines can get a quite lumpy sound from aftermarket cams AND make good power with the right combo. I've also read here that the 4v engines do not get as lumpy an idle due to the cams not being installed with a lot of lobe overlap.

Thank you.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The lumpy cam sound with FI will result in less usable power...especially if it's a stock longblock.

Do you want sound or power?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
theres a guy in the vid/pic section that posted up his 4 valve with cams, it sounds mean as hell, you can get power and the sound you want, the sound is half the fun too so I understand why you are interested in them for sound as well

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The amount of overlap determines the lope; more overlap, more lope. However, FI and overlap do not mix.

Users who are viewing this thread