Cams are in! Sounds amazing!

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Sounds wicked! Nice #s with that setup, that is where I am sitting with a 2.8KB..I wonder if I decide to add cams it would push this stock motor to much?

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I want your GT-500!!! ;) It looks beautiful! It sounds killer! You've got one heck of a ride there, and you should be really proud of it. Motor on!!
Thanks CobraBob! Very much appreciated and I agree on all accounts. I just went through a tunnel earlier today and did a WOT 2nd gear pull... I think my ears broke, . Probably scared the shit out of the Honda behind me! Love this car!

Sent from my Pixel using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Came back again god this car is so nasty OP. Sent it to my friend with a 13 GT500 yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
b076ad7af266082bdb227bd56cade3d5.jpg

New MGW shifter just installed too. Crazy how much more work is involved compared to the SN95's, lol. Used my old MGW gripper knob too. :)

_Satch_

Established Member
Sounds wicked! Nice #s with that setup, that is where I am sitting with a 2.8KB..I wonder if I decide to add cams it would push this stock motor to much?

I added the L&M NSR cams, Kooks 1-7/8 long tube headers, OR H Pipe, 10% IW crank pulley and ID 1000's to an existing KB 2.8 L.C. set up and made 804 whp/703 wtq with a 93 oct tune. I ran this for a year without issue before going to a built motor. I was always wondering when the rods or oil pump gerotor would pop.
-Satch

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I added the L&M NSR cams, Kooks 1-7/8 long tube headers, OR H Pipe, 10% IW crank pulley and ID 1000's to an existing KB 2.8 L.C. set up and made 804 whp/703 wtq with a 93 oct tune. I ran this for a year without issue before going to a built motor. I was always wondering when the rods or oil pump gerotor would pop.
-Satch
Wow,.......that must have been one heck of a ride. Serious power and torque.
All on 93 pump gas too. Awesome.

_Satch_

Established Member
Wow,.......that must have been one heck of a ride. Serious power and torque.
All on 93 pump gas too. Awesome.

I got a little bump after the rebuild... I added a 15% overdrive pulley on top of everything and it bumped up to 827 whp/750 wtq on a 93 octane tune. It IS quite a handful! I did a VP MS109 tune as well that netted 850 whp/761 wtq. I ran a half mile roll race with that tune. It worked pretty well. I'm pretty much maxed out on pump gas. I've been considering a switch to E85, as it is becoming more available in my area. Maybe someday?
-Satch

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
-Satch
Very nice! What upper on the KB were you running with the lower and cams? I probably would have to go back to a 3" again if I add cams...Once I find out my numbers now, I may have some room to add we shall see..

_Satch_

Established Member
Very nice! What upper on the KB were you running with the lower and cams? I probably would have to go back to a 3" again if I add cams...Once I find out my numbers now, I may have some room to add we shall see..

It's the 3".
-Satch

my13Elenor

Established Member
I would like to, then I thought how it really needs a better tire unless I baby it off the line. Not sure how the R888's would do. They hook well while rolling in 2nd, 1st not so much, lol.

It is pretty loud!

'Merica! Haha! Two of my older neighbors already stopped me earlier yesterday as I was pulling out of the driveway and complimented me on how it sounded so that's a plus.

Videos just don't do it justice. These cams honestly make the whole car. I am content and only going to be working on appearance mods and buying tires, lol. True forged chicanes would look amazing on this car... Maybe next year.

Congrats!!! I have those same cams, sounds so old school love it!! Any surging at low rpm? How's you're drivability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds tough!
What is your idle set at?
Asking because I too have cams and right now the idle is set at 1000-1050rpm, and with fine tuning and break-in will likely get down to 900rpm.
Cams sound even tougher with a lower idle like 900rpm.
-J

Fordracing08

Car looks and sounding awesome!
I just recently bought a 13 gt500 and my goal is a similar set up.
If you get a chance pm the cost for cam install
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds tough!
What is your idle set at?
Asking because I too have cams and right now the idle is set at 1000-1050rpm, and with fine tuning and break-in will likely get down to 900rpm.
Cams sound even tougher with a lower idle like 900rpm.
-J
Sound is subjective. I liked my idle sound better at 1050rpm vs 900rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread