Camry ---> Challenger R/T?

pdonket

Established Member
So, I know it's not a Ford of course but then again that's why I'm in here rather than in the tech sections.

My mom right now drives an 09' Camry with about 24K miles on it, should sell I think for about 14K if all went as planned. I found a Challenger R/T in Torred for about $22K, $24K once I had it transported out here. It's been her dream car for a while now. As far as I can tell, the car is in pretty much ideal condition, auto tranny for her and while it has a couple minor scratches they're hardly noticeable and probably nothing I couldn't fix myself with a variety of car products.

It's a 2009 Challenger, and just wanted to ask your guys take on this, any big issues with the 2009 Challengers?

Thanks,
PD

Vae_Victus

Established Member
Ur best bet is to look into challenger/dodge/mopar specific sites as they would surely have all the details of any possible question u'll have. I'm sure someone here will chime in and answer ur question. Sorry I couldn't help.
As for going from camry to challenger i'm sure your mother will love it man. Nothing against the camry as it is a decent car, but seeing how the challenger is her dream car she will not regret it. Best of luck man.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
One thing to also note is although the Challenger is her dream car, can she stand filling up at the gas station probably 2x more often than the camry?
Those Challengers are pigs, ESPECIALLY the autos.

Either way best of luck, you might also want to give skymotorcars a look, I bought a used GTO from them back in '07, they are a whole sale company based in PA. (shipped my car to Cali)

pwrshft99

Established Member
The insurance and gas mileage could be an unwelcome suprise.. did they run out or cards and flowers for mothers day?? LoL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would expect your mom is aware of the big gas mileage difference. But here's something else. Her Camry is very easy to drive as far as visibility around the car. In other words, the canopy doesn't offer up many blind-spots. The Challenger is a bigger car and visibility out is not going to be the same. I highly recommend that she drive a Challenger at least once, if not twice, to compare the visibility differences. One thing will be obvious when she drives it. The Challenger will feel a lot bigger but the inside will feel smaller. Again, be sure she drives one at least once, if not twice. Just go a local dealer and let her take a long test drive. Have her parallel park it, get into heavy traffic to change lanes, back into a parking space, etc.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
My parents own an 09 Challenger R/T..

I love the car, and it's a blast to drive. It doesn't run as good as it should, I'd compare it to a 3V GT.

As bob said there is some fairly large blind spots in the car, and you're looking over a fairly long hood.

+1 on the challenger being a big car.. We also own a 72' challenger, and the new one is considerably larger. Keep in mind these are built from the LX platform so they are naturally going to be large cars.

It is very refined, and well built. We were jacking the rear corner up the other day, and the front wheel of the same side came off the ground. Had that been my cobra, the car would have twisted the until the windows fell out before lifting the front wheel.

The fuel mileage isn't that bad to be honest.. It's well over 20+mpg out on the road and in town depends on how you drive a lot i guess.

As big as the car is, there isn't much leg room in the rear.. This isn't really an ideal family car

Bruce954

We'll Do It Live!!
Established Member
Camry = zero maintenance, will last forever, no time in shop

Challenger = none of the above

Users who are viewing this thread