Cammed LS1 SS vs Cammed LS1 C5

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
ran a cammed '99 Camaro LS1 6spd w/full exhuast, CAI, Tune and TSP Torquer 2 cam (232/234 .595/.598 112 LSA). my mods: '02 C5 6spd LS1 w/full exhaust, CAI, patriot cam (226/226 .585/.585 112LSA), and Tune. we ran from a 60 hit and i pulled 1.5 cars on him by 80mph.
I had a scare though, because as i was about to go into 3rd and add more carlengths, at about 80-85, i accidentally missed 3rd (i didn't have the clutch in all the way) and in the same second I accidentally hit the brake and the gas at the same time. The steering wheel began to wobble violently and the rear tried to violently slip out... thank goodness i had the active handling on or i would have pulled a dale earndtheart on the highway......that scared the living shyt out of me....

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Nice run, that's a pretty sweet kill when you beat an evenly matched car.

What do you put to the tire?

QuikGT

Banned
hmmm im skeptical....his #s should be quite better than urs with that baby cam...youd have a hell of a time getting 400at the wheels...none the less good kill...but i think u beat the driver....weight difference isnt great enough for u to put 2+ cars on him thru 2nd.... also what gears are u running to hit 3rd at 80-85???? smells like bs there....but im not gonna call it...YET..

QuikGT

Banned
""H/C 470rwhp C5 vs stock C6 Z06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H/C 470rwhp C5 vs stock C6 Z06

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im getting ready to do my H/C setup on my '02 C5 6spd utilizing a FAST 90/90, G5X3 on a 112 and ETP 215 heads along with the supporting boltons (tune,LG LTs, and U/D Pulley and stock 3.42s). Im shooting for 470rwhp-480rwhp.... My buddy has a stock '06 C6 Z06 and he wants to run me after i swap my heads, from a stop and from a 60 roll......how do you think i'll do?"""

are you not listing all your mods or just bs'ing???? that ss would own you with the mods listed in this thread...but in the one above you said you are going to have etp heads and a fast 90/90, and a much larger cam???? which one is it???

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
QuikGT said:
""H/C 470rwhp C5 vs stock C6 Z06

H/C 470rwhp C5 vs stock C6 Z06

im getting ready to do my H/C setup on my '02 C5 6spd utilizing a FAST 90/90, G5X3 on a 112 and ETP 215 heads along with the supporting boltons (tune,LG LTs, and U/D Pulley and stock 3.42s). Im shooting for 470rwhp-480rwhp.... My buddy has a stock '06 C6 Z06 and he wants to run me after i swap my heads, from a stop and from a 60 roll......how do you think i'll do?"""

are you not listing all your mods or just bs'ing???? that ss would own you with the mods listed in this thread...but in the one above you said you are going to have etp heads and a fast 90/90, and a much larger cam???? which one is it???

actually heads and bigger cam is what im about to do in 2 weeks - i have those parts on order, just waiting for them to come in.

Last edited:

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
QuikGT said:
hmmm im skeptical....his #s should be quite better than urs with that baby cam...youd have a hell of a time getting 400at the wheels...none the less good kill...but i think u beat the driver....weight difference isnt great enough for u to put 2+ cars on him thru 2nd.... also what gears are u running to hit 3rd at 80-85???? smells like bs there....but im not gonna call it...YET..

its not really a baby cam but more of a mild cam. im putting out 407 to the tires SAE corrected. im running 3.42 gearing and i know for a fact my first gear goes up to a lil over 50 mph and im not really sure about my second gear, but i figured it to be around 80ish. I shift at 6600rpms and there's no b.s too be smelt. i didn't say 2+ car. i had 1.5 cars on him by 3rd from a 60hit.
P.S. I trap 118-120mph at the track.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Not sure why it would be hard to believe. Both cars have similiar power but the vette weights atleast 200-250 Lbs less and is more aerodynamic.Good kill.

C5_z51_6spd

Banned
QuikGT said:

im running the stock 3.42s and i confirmed today that i do shift into 3rd at 83mph (HUD display) and i shift at 6600rpms.

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
QuikGT said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This coming from a guy that claims 130+ traps.

QuikGT

Banned
prove your statement dumbass...i have never said i trap 130....i have however trapped 125-126.....i want u to find the post where i said i trap 130+....you cant, because i never did....Instead of posting up bs posts why dont u post some real info...i know ls1s and what they are capable of...i should, i work on them everyday...

Stewart

Worldwide panhandler
Established Member
QuikGT said:
prove your statement dumbass...i have never said i trap 130....i have however trapped 125-126.....i want u to find the post where i said i trap 130+....you cant, because i never did....Instead of posting up bs posts why dont u post some real info...i know ls1s and what they are capable of...i should, i work on them everyday...

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3541887#post3541887

From above post.

QuikGT said:
the ls1 definately didnt "brung" a h/c package then....even the shittiest setups will make 390+rwhp....and they weigh alot less than ur cobra....

also ls1 troll??? so bc i drive an ls1 now...im a troll???? or am i a troll bc i spent half the money you did and my car dynoes at 450rwhp n/a??? :idea: so ur running high 11s???? whats ur trap spd?? bc i have a pretty strong setup and i run high 10s on radials @ ~130s :poke: ....but im just another troll... :rollseyes :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread