came home to a huge branch from a storm fell on my car

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
What a way to ruin a friday, came home to a huge branch laying near back of my car broke off a tree above it, saw the car cover damaged , So I took the car cover off to find it hit my trunk and broke my saleen spoiler into pieces ****ing way to ruin a weekend, least its not worse, but need to vent always something

carcoverripped1_zpsd46eaf63.jpg

spoiler2_zps39f31c4d.jpg

spoilerdestroyed1_zps18e59a13.jpg

This ****er did it :(

branch1_zps8ac1f25d.jpg

I was @ work and the storm came on out of nowhere hard downpour rain and wind for 20 min and rained little for couple hours after then was sunny so on my way home I came home to see a big thick branch prob about 50lbs or so on back part of my trunk and I moved it and saw most of it fell between my 2 cars in the driveway didnt think anything of it then saw my car cover ripped and trunk had wood shavings on it so I moved the car cover and saw trunk had shit all over it few scratches and spoiler is broken, so glad I have a car cover and most of it missed my car the spoiler and car cover saved the car so I cant get to mad still sucks though heres pics above.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, so sorry to hear about the damage. We had a bit of wind here in Cheshire, but nothing to really speak. Other areas of the state got more wind. As someone said, you were fortunately it didn't do damage to your roof.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Wow, so sorry to hear about the damage. We had a bit of wind here in Cheshire, but nothing to really speak. Other areas of the state got more wind. As someone said, you were fortunately it didn't do damage to your roof.

Thanks Yeah the Wind was crazy out of nowhere and Rain, then I came home to this sucks, but yeah could of been worse for sure!:bash::beer:

oldmodman

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with which insurance company should be notified if something like this happens to them?

Do you call your home insurance or your car insurance? Or both?

A neighbor that lives in an apartment had her six month old Lexus totally destroyed bu a tree falling on her car. The branch weighed at least 40,000 pounds. It was 28 inches thick and thirty feet long.

Since the tree was on a parkway and was the property of the city all three insurance companies just kept pointing to the next guy. She finally got paid off by her car insurance company and then that insurance company sued the city. The apartment house insurance company got off scott free.

Last edited:

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with which insurance company should be notified if something like this happens to them?

Do you call your home insurance or your car insurance? Or both?

A neighbor that lives in an apartment had her six month old Lexus totally destroyed bu a tree falling on her car. The branch weighed at least 40,000 pounds. It was 28 inches thick and thirty feet long.

Since the tree was on a parkway and was the property of the city all three insurance companies just kept pointing to the next guy. She finally got paid off by her car insurance company and then that insurance company sued the city. The apartment house insurance company got off scott free.

Dam Yeah I have heard horror stories thats why Im not dealing with that and it could of been much worse

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
Consider this a sign to get rid of that ****ing wing.

:rollseyesSays the 03 cobra owner...:shrug:
its not a "wing" like a ricer wing like you make it sound lol its a saleen s281 kaene spoiler lip spoiler / wing. not much diffrent from your stock 03-04 cobras come with a lip spoiler wing on them ;) :poke::bash: :shrug:

youlandher

Established Member
:rollseyesSays the 03 cobra owner...:shrug:
its not a "wing" like a ricer wing like you make it sound lol its a saleen s281 kaene spoiler lip spoiler / wing. not much diffrent from your stock 03-04 cobras come with a lip spoiler wing on them ;) :poke::bash: :shrug:

03-04 Cobras have decklids not wings. Yours is a wing. One that doesn't match the color of the car anyways. A sign to take it off.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
03-04 Cobras have decklids not wings. Yours is a wing. One that doesn't match the color of the car anyways. A sign to take it off.

Last time I checked I own the car its personal taste, I like the black saleen spoiler, and not worth spending the money to paint it laser red paint is $, saleen spoilers are best looking spoilers on sn95 94-98 cars

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member

Last time I checked I own the car its personal taste, I like the black saleen spoiler, and not worth spending the money to paint it laser red paint is $, saleen spoilers are best looking spoilers on sn95 94-98 cars

I love an s281 spoiler. Now u have an excuse to paint it red :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread