Camaro Z28 (supercharged LSA engine) edition gets the green light

gap4annie

source: http://www.Camaro5.com

GM’s Camaro Z28 plans are back on and the top-end Camaro version is set for production, according to Ed Welburn, GM’s VP for global design! The modified Z28 body is already completed, but the powertrain still requires calibration work. The tentative timetable is that the Z28 will not be available for at least another year.

The Z28 will be powered by the 550+ hp 6.2L supercharged V8 LSA engine currently in use in the Cadillac CTS-V. The Camaro Z28 special body will include a raised hood to fit the supercharger underneath, and there will be a tall rear spoiler. -- Details: 2009 Camaro 2010 Camaro forums, Camaro Z28 SS news, reviews, wallpapers, pricing - Camaro5.com » Blog Archive » New Camaro Z28 news / development: Ed Welburn indicates that Camaro Z28 is set for production!

GM trying to step up their game apparently

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The moment the economy shows more weakness and car sales slump it will be axed. I won't believe it til I see it.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
ROFL @ the pig comments..like the GT500 is a bantam weight..

2010 GT500 3924lbs
2010 Camaro SS 3902lbs

add about 250 lbs to the Camaro for the diff engine, blower, etc
even with similar hp levels the gt500 weighing less should still pull. Especially with the 3:73s they come with now and a good driver.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
They'd have to seriously up the HP or drop some weight. What's the CTS-V weigh and run in 1/4 anyone know?

the ctsv runs very low 12's and is over 4000lbs. So if the camaro keeps it weight below the 4 door V it should hit the 11 second club stock.

Last edited:

vankuen

Established Member
Man...I just don't understand the haters on either side. I could give a rats ass about the dillusional Ford v Chevy bullshit that people get sucked into. People start talking out their butts and fail to use logic. The vehicles will be similar in power and weight--it will be the details that will make all the difference.

Personally, I'll be excited to see a factory supercharged Camaro come out. It can do nothing but up the anty for Ford's GT500. Competition breeds excellence.

I may end up picking up one to park next to the GT500. That would be NICE.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I watched a pulley/exhaust/tune CTS-V run an 11.60 on street tires. That motor ain't no joke.

2010 GT500 3924lbs
2010 Camaro SS 3902lbs

add about 250 lbs to the Camaro for the diff engine, blower, etc
even with similar hp levels the gt500 weighing less should still pull. Especially with the 3:73s they come with now and a good driver.

Add in a few hundred pounds to the GT500 for the 2012 crash standards. Camaro meets them, Mustang does not.

fknsmshn

Established Member
Before I say I want one, I wanna see the trim options for em. I dont want navigation, or surround sound, or 200 way adjustable power seats for all passengers, or dual climate, no stupid nonesence bullshit. Hell, if they came out with a trim level eqaul to the "Stripper SS" Id prally creme my pants.

We'll just hafta wait and see!

95PGTTech

Established Member
my question: what will it cost?

being that the average local '10 CTS-V is going for $83,995, I think I'd spring for an '10 Z06 at $86,995 over either the V or the Camaro and have a more well-rounded, better-performing car. pennies in the bucket at that point.

The current pricetag for local SS Camaro is a hair over $45K. Christ almighty, a '10 GT is going for $42K+ around here. Where the hell do people get this money? 42K for a well optioned V8 Mustang?

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

being that the average local '10 CTS-V is going for $83,995, I think I'd spring for an '10 Z06 at $86,995 over either the V or the Camaro and have a more well-rounded, better-performing car. pennies in the bucket at that point.

The current pricetag for local SS Camaro is a hair over $45K. Christ almighty, a '10 GT is going for $42K+ around here. Where the hell do people get this money? 42K for a well optioned V8 Mustang?

Your dealerships suck. Sticker on a loaded (minus sunroof) SS Camaro is $35,500, and yes, people are getting them for sticker. A slightly used '09 V can be had in the neighborhood of $50-55k.

Tunedprt91

Established Member

I would not buy any type of vehicle from your area. It looks like they are raping everyone. The new V stickers for 65k and ive seen some slightly used one for less. New Z's are selling for 10k off sticker in some areas and 06's are in the mid 40s now or less. I have seen less for the camaro and stang also.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
They're much faster than a C5Z :shrug:

Ive seen a few people post their "miracle" 11 second run in their stock c5z over on corvetteforum. Other than that a good driver can hit a very low 12 which the V can also do. So unless your definition of a drivers race is different than mine how would it not be one between the two?

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
anyone happen to scroll down that link and see the 700hp blown and sprayed '10? the guy tuning, and running it is an old friend of mine. crazy on the stock motor/clutch!!!!

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I wonder if GM has cleared this with the government yet.....also to be honest they better come out with some bettter cars first, as a tax payer I want some of that damn money back so they better make money of this little adventure

Users who are viewing this thread