Camaro SS

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
This isn't really a kill so I didn't want to post it in the kill section. Just about an hour ago I was driving through town when I started to pass this black camaro in the left lane. It had no badges. I thought it was a V6 until he dropped it to 4th and hit it. You could hear the exhaust and see how he was pulling to tell it was an SS with no markings. I catch up with him. He had is girl with him so I'm sure he thought he was cool. I don't want to say what I was thinking to myself. Anyway, were in the middle of traffic and I point forward saying, "You want to go?" Then he drops it to 2nd and floors it. Cutting in and out of traffic. What an idot. By this time we are starting to get out of town away from all the red lights. So, I try to get beside him again. There are still a few cars around us and a great road for cops. I was going to see if he wanted to jet over to this road and run me from a dig. But nope, he cuts in front of me before I could get beside him and gears down again! So, I see black smoke spitting from his exhaust. I had to hit my brakes a little because he cut me off. Then, I retaliate with the L. He was about half a car length in front off me when I nailed it. Then he moved to no more then a car length when my brick started slowly reeling him in. I reeled him back down to around half a car length before he let out off it to turn left. I was about half a car to his rear bumper.

Honestly, I thought he was going to walk me! Not me walk him! I was very supprised my L reeled him like that. I totally didn't expect it. After all that chaos, I turn left with him but I am in the right lane and he was in the left lane turning. I gave him a :thumbsup: and drove off. As I was driving off he was acting all bad like he could take me. I just smiled and thought, "Until we meet again." This dude was still in High School. Thats where he was turning to go to the football game. He had to be 17 or 18. The way he drove the car darting through traffic you could tell he was immature. Besides before all this I was minding my own. I didn't even know it was an SS until I heard him take off.

After that I had no doubt that from a dig or a roll I could take him.

Thanks for reading all that, (sorry)

Helix

BTW, I love my SVT!!!! :beer:

Last edited:

ralphy1798

Established Member
As far as i know, the SS and Z28 are the same engine... the 5.7L V8. So, the sound could have been a Z28 or SS. You canno tell unless you look at the tailpipes. If they are stock, the SS has two round tips on eah side and the Z28 has rectangular. The SS adds about 30-40 horse over the Z28 and has WAY better handling.

All that aside... I know we can beat SS's also, Z28, firebirds, Trans Am's all the f-bodies...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
In the 1/4 if the f-body is a 6 speed it would be a drivers race. If it's an auto the L should win every time. Stock for stock.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
One of my buds at work has the 35th Anniversary SS...since I got my '03 L he has been annoying the hell out of me.
But he's been amusing me, too. Seems since I got the L, he has been trying to improve what he already has just to stay "one up"...exhaust, headers...but he just can't seem to come up with the space to find a blower in there....yet:-D
I told him my extended warranty runs out in 5 years...come find me when I'm ready...:burnout:
Because road racin' here in the DC area is a waste of time...too much traffic...too many lights n' clueless drivers.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Great vid!
8.54 in the 1/4 is awesome...'course I'm assuming it was a quarter-mile.
They have a drag strip in Muncie, Indiana, close to where I'm from, and the last time I was there was just before July 4th.
Come to think of it, the fastest Ford was a heavily-modded Pinto. I even saw an old AMC Gremlin....but then again, it was open-class.

Helix

The Beast
Established Member
The thing that suprised me is, I am completely stock expect for lowered. Can't wait for either the 6lber or a KB. Don't know what I want to do yet.

Helix

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
When my money comes up, it's DEFINITELY the K/B blower, throttle body, and CAI kit. According to the tests Kenne-Bell did to the stock L they dyno'ed and modded by replacing the stock M112 Eaton (OCT '02 TRUCKIN) a 55-100 HP increase is no joke.

Boost is adjustable, depending on the size of the crank/blower pulleys ( from stock 9lbs-22lbs)..and you can use the stock belts and save money. The '03 L is rated @ 380Hp running about 9lbs of boost....adding 4 or 5 lbs of boost for short periods of time should be no serious prob, but I'll wait until my warranty is up to test THAT theory...:)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Silverstrike
Mike who's Mike???????????? Last time I checked noone in my house has a name Mike. That Cali. Air is getting to you.:lol1: :lol1: :beer:

LMAO Sorry. I'm watching the game and typing at the same time. :rollseyes :D

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Nah, you guys ain't confused ....the air is just fine .

But anyhoo, I AM Mike...:-D Thanks for setting me straight.

0light1

Established Member
This one got me this past Friday. I had a whole car on him until the end. He was runing E\T streets and I still got him on the launch but he came on at the end. Never found out his mods. Later that night I ran a 8.26 @84.54 with a 1.8 60'. I heard he ran a 8.0.

Camaro SS:
reaction: .400
60 ft: 1.992
330 ft: 5.521
594 ft: 7.857
1\8th: 8.375 @ 86.87

ME:
reaction .189
60 ft: 1.960
330 ft: 5.500
594 ft: 7.886
1\8th: 8.422 @ 83.96