Camaro SS vs 03 Cobra, not for the faint of heart lol

danny03cobra

Established Member
MonkeysL said:
ummm...it is compairing apples to apples. a cobra comes with a built motor (set up for FI) from factory plus a blower, so how is it unfair to compair a built motor blown ls1 against it???? i see that as completely apples to apples. also are cobra's really putting 500rwhp with stock eatons now, b/c i'm pretty sure ur talkinga about a ported one.

built ls1 blown/spray vs built cobra blown/spray = the outcome of video shown in this thread

the cobra is a 281!!! how big of a motor is a built ls1????

yes the cobra is forged, does it have the parts in it i would put? no

tell you what keet your n20 ls1, and run a twin 57mm turbo 281 terminator

LSWh4t

Established Member
danny03cobra said:

Says the import guy to the domestic guy.

I'll keep my N2O LS1 and run a turbo Cobra....from a stop. :) TH400 w/tbrake FTW.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
Dvst8or said:
For those that wanted to see pics, here she is :

front%20angle%203.jpg

side%202.jpg

rear%20angle%202.jpg
Dude, I have never liked a f-body until I just saw yours, can you pm me with everything you have done to your car and how well it handles that 150 shot? I am gonna buy one now. lol. How much hp and torque so you have?

Last edited:

Squeeler92

prochargedcobra said:
Dude, I have never liked a fox body until I just saw yours, can you pm me with everything you have done to your car and how well it handles that 150 shot? I am gonna buy one now. lol. How much hp and torque so you have?

Fox Body = Mustang

F-Body = Camaro/Trans Am

The 'F' isn't short for anything.

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
prochargedcobra said:
Dude, I have never liked a fox body until I just saw yours, can you pm me with everything you have done to your car and how well it handles that 150 shot? I am gonna buy one now. lol. How much hp and torque so you have?
WOW you have a cobra and you thought Camaros/Trans ams were Fox bodies:lol: Good stuff

Dvst8or

Established Member
Okay, first...thanks again for all the compliments.

Second, I don't have any track times. But considering that I absolutley suck at launching I would say I have a mid 12 sec car with a 125mph time slip. :loser:

As for mods and stock internals, I am making 418rwhp and 362 ft lbs tq N/A. That is with a lid, 85mm MAF, 90NW/90FAST, custom cam, kooks 1 7/8, true duals with x-pipe all the way out back, UMI k-member and torque arm, lower control arms, relocation brackets, and BFGoodrich g-force T/A drag radials. Add the 150 shot on top of that and I am putting down 560+ rwhp and 555+ ft lbs tq. I use the "plus" because those nitrous numbers where before I got the 1 7/8 headers and I was on a bad tune. I am thinking that I am in the neighborhood of 590rwhp but I am not completely sure.

I think that answered everyones questions.

Brian

mustangbee

Established Member
danny03cobra said:

281 vs. 350 huh? is that your arguement...more ci??:rollseyes

lets just randomly throw a supra in the cubic war...whats that a V6? a single turbo one can make 900whp..i dont like supras but your arguement is stupid:nonono:

Dvst8or

Established Member
F8LSNAKE said:
with that power, i'm thinking with sticky tires you would definitly be low 11's at closer to 128 to 130

Tires are plenty stickey. The only reason that I did not hook that night in first was because it was a cold night and the tires were not heated up. Had I done a quick burnout before the runs the car would have dead hooked, trust me, been there done that. But stickey tires still don't make you a better driver. That is where I am lacking. I still need the driver mod for good track times.

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Dam that cars wicked and it sounds amazing. Do you have anymore vids of your car?

Users who are viewing this thread