Camaro 1LE vs Boss 302

svt1111

Established Member
Well, it seems like our friends over on camaro5 are at it again. Finally realizing the laws of physics. So much for the alleged "4 second advantage over a Boss LS at VIR".

Real world Boss 302 vs. 1LE Virginia magazine laptime - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

I suspect this thread may be deleted if the ZL1 propaganda is any evidence.

1LE is just too heavy of a car. They should have put the LS7 in it, that would have made a great comparison, but surely the car would have cost about the same of a ZL1 then. Probably would be faster though....

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
as usual GM lies, false promises and dreams and they all drink the koolaid. Then when the truth is revealed, all hell breaks loose and denial takes over....amazing :lol1:

svt1111

Established Member
as usual GM lies, false promises and dreams and they all drink the koolaid. Then when the truth is revealed, all hell breaks loose and denial takes over....amazing :lol1:

Haha, so true, so true.

While it is funny reading some of their comments over there, it's borderline insane.

I'm just surprised GM didn't learn from the ZL1 experiment that releasing optimistic track times only bites them in the butt down the road. But then again, it doesn't seem to affect the buying habits of the mullet world, so why stop now? :nonono:

Kinda reminds me of the New York Jets saying every year how they are going to win the superbowl during training camp. I haven't heard them say that yet this year, but there's still time. Rex Ryan must drive a ZL1.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Haha, so true, so true.

While it is funny reading some of their comments over there, it's borderline insane.

I'm just surprised GM didn't learn from the ZL1 experiment that releasing optimistic track times only bites them in the butt down the road. But then again, it doesn't seem to affect the buying habits of the mullet world, so why stop now? :nonono:

Kinda reminds me of the New York Jets saying every year how they are going to win the superbowl during training camp. I haven't heard them say that yet this year, but there's still time. Rex Ryan must drive a ZL1.

even worse is them saying " the 1LE was developed to battle the Boss302 not the Laguna seca edition" I mean really? they act like there is a HUGE gap between the two and thats just not the case....my goodness :lol1:

svt1111

Established Member
even worse is them saying " the 1LE was developed to battle the Boss302 not the Laguna seca edition" I mean really? they act like there is a HUGE gap between the two and thats just not the case....my goodness :lol1:
\

And especially when Al O. was quoted as saying the 1LE was designed to take on a car ( he doesn't specifically name 'what' car) costing 10k more. Hmmm... what car could that possibly be? That would be the Boss LS. Not the street Boss, seeing as how the 1LE is supposed to cost in the high 37k range.

I see the car being a better match for the GT with Track Pack options.

Kind of like saying the ZL1 was never intended on being a drag car....these guys just never learn. They are like the kid you spank 50 times a day for eating from the cookie jar and then they come in the room with a face full of cookie crumbs and just give you a dumb look.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
\

And especially when Al O. was quoted as saying the 1LE was designed to take on a car ( he doesn't specifically name 'what' car) costing 10k more. Hmmm... what car could that possibly be? That would be the Boss LS. Not the street Boss, seeing as how the 1LE is supposed to cost in the high 37k range.

I see the car being a better match for the GT with Track Pack options.

Kind of like saying the ZL1 was never intended on being a drag car....these guys just never learn. They are like the kid you spank 50 times a day for eating from the cookie jar and then they come in the room with a face full of cookie crumbs and just give you a dumb look.

:beer:

LostPony

Established Member
The configuration run in the video is not the "Lightening Lap" config. The one in video is the full course, LL uses the Grand East or West which use the infield section that has a turn called "bitch" about halfway down the back straight after Oak Tree. Total length on Grand course is 4.3 miles, as opposed to just over 2 for full course.

Grant808

Established Member
Tim Allen said:
Chevy sucks deep.

When I was in the 4.6 2V camp, I was proud to be in the underdog camp...and I always knew where we stood. The denial of the current GM crowd is just reDICKuLESS.

Rebel302

Established Member
2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE vs. 2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - Automobile Magazine

No numbers shown...but still
wtf.gif

svt1111

Established Member

Another 'pro-Camaro' review, that actually lauds the Boss for being the car that they'd actually want?! I don't get that reasoning! If I drove two cars and declared one better than the other, why would I prefer the lesser of the two?! Just more evidence of why print media is dying.

Would have been nice if they published actually test data rather than just declaring the car with the poorer power to weight ratio as the 'faster car.'

I am looking forward to meeting a 1LE on both the road and track ( straight line or road course for that matter).

Grant808

Established Member

I don't have a problem with this article, but it is funny how they say 1LE is the 'rational choice'. $6k is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm glad that GM has made better competition for the Boss...and the 1LE might actually be easier for an amateur to drive fast... I mean with 285s all the way around and a tighter suspension...maybe the 200+ lb penalty is effectively controlled.

86Fbody

Established Member
That article, I feel, was a fair comparison of both cars. I can understand the "rational" decision to choose a heavier, less powerful, cheaper car that is good around a track because most people that will buy that car probably won't be flogging it and won't want to have their ass eat the seat, and that sounds rational. However, driving in a car that is engaging and scares the piss out of you from time to time is much more fun and makes for some good cardio once and a while.

Boss949

Established Member
Let's forget just for a moment what the numbers are.

What would you rather have in your garage 5, 10, 15 years from now?

a Boss 302 or a 1LE?

I think the 1LE may well be long forgotten. The "Boss 302" is something that cannot be duplicated, and our cars are not just historical badging and emblems.

We are fortunate b/c of the 69/70's and the 12/13's are the real deal.

Just my .02

Can't wait to meet some 1LE's

ps. I've had my Boss for about 3 weeks. Challenger R/T Hemi? Saw him weaving in and out of traffic. Caught him on an open 4 lane highway; he had a specialty plate "DODGED" and guess what? He dodged me completely, wanted nothing to do with the Boss. funny.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Lulz at the 1LE, an SS with a "check off" options as opposed to a purpose built Boss 302 and then they do the same thing they did with the zl1 vs GT500, they picked the easier car to drive.....wow

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Lulz at the 1LE, an SS with a "check off" options as opposed to a purpose built Boss 302 and then they do the same thing they did with the zl1 vs GT500, they picked the easier car to drive.....wow

Is this really any surprise? :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread