Cam ?

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
I've been thinking about getting comps 106100 cams, degreed at 106/110. Is all I need are the adjustable cam gears? What about titanium retainers? I have a brand set of manley springs(part number 221434-32) that I have been trying to sell forever, so I figured I would use them. Any thoughts or opinions are appreciated, thanks Ryan.

Serge

Established Member
the stock retainers dont fit on the beehives springs. you need the after market to go with the spring. i tried on my last motor.if your intrested im selling stage 2 cams im up grading to stage 3 cams. or if you change your mind on the cams depending on the price your asking for the spring all perchase theme

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
I'm actually talking to a guy now who has a set of 106100 cams and still very interested in selling my springs still. Asking 450 shipped to ur door.

OW99

Established Member
Cloyes cam gears. 106/110 is pretty aggressive and will most likely lose power. Are you doing it for the sound?

Manley springs will work fine. Better than stock springs.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Manley springs use stock retainers.

I know where there are some Comp 106100s for $800, PM C.Hicks26

106/110 will not result in a loss of power as long as the intended shift point is lower than 7000.

The TFS crank gears and the Cloyes cam gears will not allow enough adjustment to get the cams at 106/110.

Stock springs will work great as long as the RPMs are 7000 or below.

What exactly are stage 2 and stage 3 cams? Comp doesn't sell any "stage" cams.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
So the tfs and cloyes gears r useless? What do I need then? Just the cams and my Manley springs?

You need the TFS gears to get the exh cams to 110. You will either have to go keyless on the intake cams or grind the keys to allow for enough adjustment.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Haha ur buddy screwed up. I'm sure I will love em but I just need definite answers for what I need and don't need

What you need depends on the lobe centers on which they will be installed. TFS crank gears and Cloyes cam gears allow enough adjustability to get the cams to lobe centers that provide decent power which are 108/116. If you want a rough idle and or more mid range power you will have to grind the keys or get two sets of the Cloyes gears (1 for the intake cams and 1 for the exhaust cams).

The stock valvesprings are sufficient unless you plan to spin the engine over 7000.

Last edited:

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
Idk. All I know is I saw a video on you tube of the red Mach with Texas Plates with 106100 cams degrees to 106/110 and it sounds great and made pretty good power

C.Hicks26

SVT-888
Established Member
Just make sure you get someone that knows what they are doing to degree them For ya bud or You Will have them coming back saying they couldnt get them to those specs.

tangelo40thmach

Established Member
Ya shakin04... Crazy sounding dude. So I need two sets of cloyes gears and cams then get them installed? Anyone know of a shop in upstate ny that's has experience with these cams/motors

Users who are viewing this thread