Cam install help

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
quadcammer said:
im gonna go ahead and disagree with this if you are talking about wheel hp.

no stock 03 is going from 370rwhp to 470rwhp with just cams.

I also find it hard to believe.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
So the 99-01's are looking at possibly less than 50hp? No chance I would invest that much time and $ for that.

ka3ak

Breast Connoisseur
Established Member
Rick James said:
So the 99-01's are looking at possibly less than 50hp? No chance I would invest that much time and $ for that.

You have to understand that to get the most out of cams, you also need a ported intake and ported heads, not to mention all the valve train upgrades. Once you piece everything together, you'll see huge gains. This is pretty much a necessity for those of us who want to make big power and stay N/A.

Nazman

Established Member
For some HP numbers see my sig.

The install could be painfull if you have the right tools:

Spring Compressor
Cam Sync Tool
Cam Holding Tool

Recomend droping the motor for easy access/space/work.

Naz

americanthunder

nuts and bolts
Established Member
why cams? they sound cool, for the price and time = gains I'd go blower that way if you ever want sell the car and get it back to stock or what ever it will be easier to do cams generaly increase mid range and top end a street driven 4 valve needs torque.

Nazman

Established Member
americanthunder said:
why cams? they sound cool, for the price and time = gains I'd go blower that way if you ever want sell the car and get it back to stock or what ever it will be easier to do cams generaly increase mid range and top end a street driven 4 valve needs torque.

I like the NA power. I have ran a some SC Cobras and they have been killed. True, SC power is sick, but I like my NA!

caseydp75

My wife's handpuppet
Established Member
Hey, I think MM&FF has a 4V cam install article this month. If it's not MM&FF it's 5.0.

ptsvt

hillbilly hotrod
Established Member
svt chic, i will be installing a set of comp cams xer262ah114's & new springs starting this weekend. i have the tools & the chilton manual & some mechanical skills. my current mods are bbk long tube headers, bbk h-pipe, 2 chamber flows 4:10 gears
bbk cai. spec stage II clutch. it is also lowered with nittos, my car has been dyno'd @318 rwhp & 310ft.lbs. of tq. i think if you plan ahead get everything u need it cant be that bad. i know everyone says put a blower on but if you want to do a blower right its around $6k. i just want to squeeze all i can out of what i have. i will keep all of you updated...

Users who are viewing this thread