Calling out RX-7 owners need modding help

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Okay here it goes I am picking up a gen. III RX-7 as these cars are a little forgien to me (use to V8's) wondering if you guys can give me some suggestions on some good quality aftermarket parts. Thanks

Apaolo

Established Member
Drop an LS1 into it and youll have a beast of a car. 2700lbs+400hp=vrrroom

DCAN87

Established Member
Apaolo said:
Drop an LS1 into it and youll have a beast of a car. 2700lbs+400hp=vrrroom
400hp on a stock LS1? Do you mean LS6? :shrug:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
LS1.

why?

cause you can do JUST the LS1 swap using a stock LS1 and good set of tires and get mid 12's, ive seen it done and know the car and driver personally. know how much work that has to be done to the rotary to get that?

oh and think of that same LS1 with all the boltons, heads/cam, etc and Nitrous. its been done by the same driver and hes going in for single digits next year (ran 10.22 with slicks).

and the LS1 weighs the same, so the weight balance that makes the RX7 so popular in the turning crowd doesnt get disrupted at all. you get a car that is very nimble and great in the twisties, but that can let it roar in a straight.

Last edited:

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
like the supra's, there is some hardcore matience with the rotary but depending on how you go about it, you can experiences some awesome turbo fun for the price. plus, your better off asking a rx7 board..domestic guys tend to stick to the all mighty ls1

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Haha. 60% of the time, they work everytime.:lol: I love Anchorman. That stings the nostrils.... Eww it smells like a turd covered in burnt hair..eww it smells like Bigfoots dick. HEHEHE.

Anyway, yeah Rotay motors are horse shit.

Get ready to fix the thing daily. They can be fast as hell, but require massive maintence. Buddy of mine had a one for barely a year, spent more time in the shop than driving it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread