Calling all stock internal forced induction Coyotes!

samcrac

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I was considering supercharging my 2015 GT (leaning towards Roush/Ford Racing kit). Since there's not a lot of guys who have run a blower on a 2015 for thousands or even tens of thousands of miles, I figured it would be wise to ask the guys here with 11-14 Coyotes, how long have you run a blower on your Coyote, what type of blower (& boost figures) on a factory internal motor, and have you had any issues? Also, have you heard of any catastrophic failures from adding forced induction (besides the extreme cases). Looking to see how well its worked out for you guys as I plan on keeping my car a while and want to know how reliable I can expect it to be. Thanks!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
2015 is a stronger motor to begin with than the 11-14s.

Add boost and enjoy. 2015+ will take 750 or so without much worry.

dstow13

Established Member
I have put nearly 30k miles with my blower installed. It's currently set up for 8# put probably is running a little less than that with the LTH's. No issues at all. And I daily it haha. Also i have the MT82 and I don't have any issues with it. I'm not putting down big numbers though. 565whp and 500 tq.

Vert

Established Member
With the 15s having stronger internals, you would be safe with longevity at 10lbs of boost. No worries at all barring you have a good tune.
I ran my 13 with a vmp kit @ 10lbs for 20k miles and no issues and it was my DD.
Also, don't limit yourself with just roush or Ford, look at Whipple's and k bells.

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
I've been running 10lbs since 2012 without a single problem. I don't really beat on my car much though. I'm also still running the stock clutch which is still grabbing

J_verrett5oh

Established Member
ive ran my blower on my car for about 2 years now
its a 2011 with a kenne bell
most the time it was just 10 psi on 93 with 15 degrees timimg
I went to 12 psi and e85 with 27 degree timing
at that point I only used the car to race
I went thru 4 55 gallon drums of e85 with that setup making about 830 rwhp
motor didn't blow I pulled it and went forged internals before it did
also I didn't have opgs until the last 2 drums of fuel
I also don't rev the engine high which prolly helped it live
I shift it around 6500 (th400 setup)
now from my experience if I was you id either get a tvs gen2 or on3 turbo kit

burke985

Established Member
Been Boosted (Roush TVS) making over 600whp for 3 years on completely stock longblock. Currently on AED's Flex fuel tune and last log i saw it was at 24* or so of timing on pump E85. Ive had zero issues to date and did a clutch swap, i don't track it but I beat on it like it owes me money every chance i get . Right at 8.5 psi and if i had to guess its should be making somewhere north of 660 right now.

samcrac

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback guys. A lot of you guys sound like what I'm trying to do, have a more fun daily car that gets beat on but doesn't see track time.

Texas01GT

Established Member
Just to put mine in there. I am the 2nd owner of my 2013, and even though its not my daily driver it probably was someones at one point. I bought it with 42,000mi and boosted it at 46k with a paxton 2200. Been running 8psi through the motor and making 650hp. car now has 51k on it and never had any engine trouble. I live in texas so it gets HOT and ive been stuck in traffic with 100+ degree weather after driving the car all day and never had any issues. Currently tuned for 93 octane.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Pretty much everything has been said already. On a 15+ motor, 10#s and you'll be fine for a long time, especially with a good tune.

Users who are viewing this thread