Calling all "blown" Mustangs...gears u are using?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
and u dynoing how much rear whp? Over 400 if I remember.

I'm dynoed the intial time(2 weeks ago) ONLY 359 to the rear wheels. Then I sent the ATI supplied chip back for a more aggressive tune(leaner,etc).

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
All centrifugal superchargers make more boost as the engine turns faster. That is why you always make max boost at the redline. You would make even more boost if you revved it past the redline.

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
I really feel that I should be making over 400 rwhp easily with the 8# pulley. Maybe when I re-dyno this week(with the revised chip..see above)I will reach 400.

99cobrajms

Established Member
I have been running a 10LB pulley for 12 months, I justed added a 12 PSI pulley. I am seeing 9 PSI in 2nd before I hit the REV LIM and 11PSI in 3rd before I see the REV LIM. Engine is stock.

I real think the tune is a big factor. Plus intercooled. I also added a perf radiator for the summer heat in Texas. I also grab the air from the fender well and did away with the stock P-1SC filter and intake setup that pulled air from the engine bay. All tricks to keep she cool as possible.

JMS

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
I really feel that I should be making over 400 rwhp easily with the 8# pulley. Maybe when I re-dyno this week(with the revised chip..see above)I will reach 400.

kpyzfrwon, where are you located?

I might be able to help you with your tuning problems and save you some time. It depends on where your at and what you want to do to resolve them.

You should be making between 425 and 475 roughly... Compared to other results I have seen.

I have been through many procharger issues, I started this whole saga last August /September. Just finished last week. PM with your number or a request for mine and I can fill you in. :beer:

Last edited:

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
U guys that are running the 10psi pulley or higher are u running on "stock bottom ends?" I heard from several sources that more than 8 psi pulley on a stock "bottom end" would be bad.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Its all in the tune. But, honestly, if the procharger had a problem blowing a lot of engines with the 10LB pulley, they wouldnt recommend it for a stock engine.

-Homer

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Check out this website.

www.modularfordpowerhouse.com

They sell pulleys that don't slip at all, and you will get more boost with the same size pulley as you have know. If you go smaller you will get even more boost. They claim another 2-3lbs of boost with the same size pulley. Check it out.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
For now, im trying to make as much boost as possible without changing the pulley. Even with the stock setup and stock pulley, it made around 9... 10lbs of boost. If I switch up to a larger pulley, or a non-slip pulley, I will be increasing the speed of the blower, which in turn, will increase parasitic losses. You will still gain good power, dont get me wrong.

Since ive still got the stock bottom end, and i cant pump TOO much boost through the motor, I would rather add 2 or 3 lbs of boost by means of a bigger inlet pipe... or more efficient plumbing somewhere along the line. Its free power without any parasitic losses, with less wear on the blower, and the front engine bearings.

Now, if I trusted my bottom end a little bit more... hell yea I would go with a smaller pulley! Hell, I would run as much boost as I possibly could!

-Homer

99cobrajms

Established Member
I got a powe pipe too. 4 inch.......Tailored Anderson PP to fit a P-1SC. Now I see 9 PSI in 2nd before I hit REV LIMITER and 11PSI in 3rd before I hit it also.....I will keep the REV LIM, plus my 4.10s probably also a reason I hit the REV LIM before I see 12PSI..

So I got a 12 pulley but don't see 12, but I got to think that a 12 pulley gets me through 1-10 lbs of boost quicker than a 10 pulley would. So this is a plus for a 12 pulley.

JMS

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
I'm runnin a P1SC with a 10lb pulley, 4.10's and a stock bottom end. The car has a lot of pull in 3rd above 5000rpms, but I try to stay below that unless I'm at the track. I have plans on new internals, but until then I'm running a real conservative tune and keeping the revs low, as stated before. As Homer, IUP99Snake, said, it's all in the tune, and how you drive it of course. I'm probably going to switch to a 8lb pulley and get a Morpheus Power Pipe until I change the internals.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
Thanks for the responses guys! Keep um' comin.

If you want your car really tuned... FordChip is coming to KC May 10-11 Have Jerry Tune your car. You should contact Ford Chip for more info.

My advice if you can swing it before you go... Get the 03 Cobra Fuel Setup and a Pro-M univer. You will Dyno at 450hp!

http://www.fordchip.com/

-Rick

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Wow! Thats really quick! What kind of money are we talking for the two aforementioned parts?

Plus do u have a phone number to contact this "jerry" with? Their website doesn't display one.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Ford Chip will charge you about 450 for your first tune... The 03 Pumps and tank & MAF will run you about 1000.00 all together.

I know that sux, but it's really the way to go long term. You get nice driveability, plus solid power from your engine. I have three seperate dyno sessions that show my progress.

You can alway's wait on the part, and you might tune around the low 400 hp range.

I sat through several tuning sessions until I finally got fed up and sunk the cost into the parts. Now my car drives awesome.

I will call you tomorrow about 7:00pm est. Will you be avaliable?

I sent Ford Chip a email to find out where they will be in K.C.

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread