Calling all "blown" Mustangs...gears u are using?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Raider...where can a person buy these PRO-m univer,etc... MAF at? I know that your was secured from a popular "online auction" but surely they are available retail as well. Thanks Raider.

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
btw...

He will need to kow this info, I have inserted mine for example.

Year of Mustang: 2001 Cobra 4v
EEC Processor: MSE3 Stock, Reflashed for Supercharger Application
Cold Air Kit: None
S/C and MFG: ATI P1SC
Turbo and MFG: None
Blow through: YES, ATI
N20 and MFG: None
Type of airfilter: conical K&N
Will the factory airbox be used?: NO
Injector size? 42#

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
Originally posted by kpyzfrwon
Wow! Thats really quick! What kind of money are we talking for the two aforementioned parts?

Plus do u have a phone number to contact this "jerry" with? Their website doesn't display one.

I sent a email to FordChip... Try to get some Dyno-Time with Jerry... He will get you to the 400hp range with your current installed items. See email results below
Contact [email protected] and let him know I sent you. He is a local guy setting it up.

- Please include original text in replies -

Alberto

"Before and after you get blown...get F'ed"
www.fordchip.com
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2003 12:40 AM
Subject: May 10-11 Kansas City (Where at?)

Where will you guys be tuning in KC and will Jerry be attending? I'm trying to arrange for a friend to hookup with you. I'm real happy with the work you have done with me, and would like to pass it along.

Thanks,
Rick

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Raider...Fordchip was booked solid both days here in KC(5-10 & 5-11) I was soooo disappointed. What do u think about having them burn me a chip through the mail....I know, I know risky. Are they gonna be anywhere close to KC in the near future(300 miles or less)?

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Raider...Fordchip was booked solid both days here in KC(5-10 & 5-11) I was soooo disappointed. What do u think about having them burn me a chip through the mail....I know, I know risky. Are they gonna be anywhere close to KC in the near future(300 miles or less)?

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I think it would be better than what you have currently... I would go with their chip that has multiple programs on it. Like a three position, Safe-Street-Race Mode.

After you get the chip, map it out on the Dyno w/ wideband A/F setup. This will give a indication of how safe each setting is and where you might run into trouble when driving. I believe they will discount your next tuning session, if you buy a chip, but I'm not sure.

The closest they will be for a period of time will be in MN... KC to St Paul is only 440 miles, 7hr drive. Jerry is always doing tunes in my neck of the woods, people drive pretty far to have it done, but your like 12 hours away.

Here's an ideal...
Grab you girl and take her on a four day weekend and get you car tuned. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone... :beer:

Goodluck

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I will talk to Jerry this week, and see what his schedule is. I'm having a slight problem with my setup right now... My car has stalled a few times while coming to a stop, for some reason my idle is not recovering. I hope I don't have an issue with the tune. I'll send you a note later this week.

:shrug:

Last edited:

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Whats the latest Rick on your ride? Is your problem fixed that u mentioned above? I ordered a WMS powerpipe 2 days ago....excited to add some real cold air!!!

raider187

Ne Desit Virtus
Established Member
I had Jerry look at today... He hooked up, checked out the PCM and noticed how my PCM was learning. It had a slight hiccup in the way it mapped my Idle. He tweaked it, took him about five minutes and it was done. It's running fine now. Weird problem :shrug:

I talked to him about your ride. It's too bad you wernt up there in the morning, I guess he had a 40 minute gap with no cars to tune. He mentioned his MN trip will be extend an extra day, so he will be there for three days...

Congrats on the WMS, you will like it. :beer:

kpyzfrwon

Established Member
Do u think with that powerpipe there will be any adjustment needed with the ATI chip?

Especially since I'll be moving the IAT sensor real close to the throttle body...like in your picture.

Users who are viewing this thread